cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV go box set channels not loading

ribboncontrolle
Joining in

I have just installed the virgin TV go app on my windows 10 computer. I am using my home vorgin media broadband. However on the channels in the box sets and movies section, some of the channels will not load ie channel 4, ITV, Dave- ie showing as no programmes. The channel logo appears at the top, but the outline of the screen shots of the various programmes appear for a millisecond and then disappear. Other channels show the icons for the various programmes normally. I wanted to use my computer to watch catchup, as issues with catchup and on demand network cutting out on my TIVO box ( that's a whole different issue, which cannot be fixed). I have the complete virgin media package, so subscription is not an issue. Any help?

NB i have tried using the compatabilty mode of the computer to windows 8, but that does not help.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @ribboncontrolle thanks for your confirmation although unfortunately not a positive one.

Can you please log out of all devices currently registered to TV Go, and then reset your My Virgin Media account password?

This will mirror your TV Go password so once this is changed, your TV Go password have changed too so please re-sign in once this is changed with your new password and try again?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom. I did this of resetting the password etc as per your instructions, and it didnt help. Same problem as before. I get some channels on catchup/ boxsets eg all the sky ones and CBS ones, but it seems ITV, channel 4,, plus the other "free to air" ones eg Drama, Dave,Uk Tv play , yesterday, Watch  etc etc will not load up the programmes.

I notice that sky sports is an option of a channel on TV GO box sets- that I am not signed up for in my TV package. When I click on the ones I should be getting, I am getting the same "Sorry - we didnt find anything" as I do on sky sports ( which I would not expect to load as not paid for). Is it thinking I am not registered for these other channels that in actual fact I am registered for, which is why it is not loading the programmes? I can get these on my TV set through my TIVO box, as I have the full selection of all these channels in my paid for TV package, but not working on the TV go!! 

Hey Ribboncontrolle, thank you for getting back me. So just to confirm its the free channels you aren't getting like BBC, ITV etc?

I know BBC requires you to watch all their services from the iPlayer's this is due to licensing.

I am going to send you a PM, so we can look into this for you. Please look out for the purple envelope 

Also is your handset and TV GO updates to the latest software?

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?