cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go

SimonGoulding
Joining in

Hi, why is my TV Go app not working. It says I am on a shared account and there are no channels or listings. I have a code number as the login details. After hours/days/months trying to contact Virgin all I have is them asking me to uninstall then reinstall the app, they change the password, then raise an IT ticket. I have been told it was a fault after an update and that IT have cancelled all tickets as there are aware of a fault(I had to call gain for another 2 hours to find this out as was told they would be calling back) I have called several times to get an update but nobody has a clue and it has been 3 weeks now since I could use it.. could somebody please give me some honest advice and a solution as to how this can be fixed. 

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SimonGoulding 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this. I'm not sure what you mean by shared account? 

Have you tried logging in with the online account details?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi. When I go to settings this is what I see. 

SimonGoulding_0-1699126822216.png

Hi @SimonGoulding 

Thanks for coming back to us. Yeah mine says that as just checked and works fine. 

What happens when you log in with the online account details rather than a code?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I can’t. That is what happens when I try to login normally. 

Hi @SimonGoulding 👋.

Thanks for the image, I have the same on mine with a shared profile, that is just a default profile for everyone to watch. When you click "close" on the top left of the screen it should take you to the main home page where you have a overview of what is popular on TV as well as top picks. then at the bottom there are 4 icons, Home, Live TV, Box Sets & Movies, then Saved. 

Live TV is where you will find the Guide, Now on & Catchup.

Let me know how you get on.

Sabrina

Hi thanks. Yes but I have no channels on it. All I get is ‘oops-something went wrong! Please try again later’ on the Now on TV tab and ‘No channels available. You can modify your channel line-up in the settings section’ when I go to the guide. Obviously I can’t add anything, it just asks me to create a profile and select channels, then gives me no options to choose. I have reinstalled it several times and obviously spent hours talking to people in the call centre who have no idea what I am talking about. Very frustrating. 

Thanks for coming back to us SimonGoulding.  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi. 
Steven_L is already on this but thanks for the message 👍