Menu
KD64
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go

I couldn’t get the Virgin TV Go App to work recently, therefore I deleted and reinstalled it. This solved the issue, however, films available via Sky Cinema no longer contain the option to download for offline viewing. This function worked perfectly well before I had to reinstall the App.

I have Maxit TV via the Oomph bundle, my iPad contains the latest version of IOS  and the download function is available for other programmes. Has anybody else had the same issue recently? I notice an updated version of the App was rolled out 6 days ago. Also it’s noticeable the number of films from Sky Cinema available to view on the App has dramatically decreased. I counted a total of only 54 this evening. Even when the qty of films to view and download reduced following the withdrawal of the Sky Cinema App a few months ago, there were still more than this available to watch via Virgin TV Go. Hoping somebody may be able to help to shed some light on this.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go

Hi KD64,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, are you doing this via the Sky app or TV Go?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
KD64
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

As I mentioned at the beginning of my note, I am using the Virgin TV Go App. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To watch Sky movie and sports this is via the Sky app now, you sign in at the bottom of the app where it says Virgin media customer.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
KD64
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul. The Sky Sports app is fine but, my understanding is the Sky Cinema app is no longer available (since August this year) and you have to watch the movies via Virgin TV Go. Which Sky app are you referring to please in order for Virgin customers  to access and download movies from Sky Cinema. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I will be honest last time I watched a movie it was via the Sky movie app, it was a while ago to be honest, I know there has been a lot of changes recently with Sky and what they allow you to do, let me double check this.

Regards

'

Paul.

0 Kudos
KD64
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks Paul, will await your confirmation. It’s also noticeable that since the Sky Cinema App closed, there are less films available to watch on Sky Cinema via Virgin TV Go. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Again this is determined by Sky not ourselves.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos