Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go

Hi,I am new to Virgin Media, just had it all installed a couple of days. I have installed tie Virgin Go app but when I try to watch any programmes I get the error message "The Silverlight Plugin is not supported for Safari version 12 and upwards. We are currently working on an alternative way of supporting video in Safari, but in meantime we recommend using a different browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox. We apologise for any inconvenience."

I am using a MacBook Air running Safari version 13.0.2 as my only browser. Is there any way round this problem? It seems mad that using the most updated version of this browser prevents you from using the benefits of the Virgin Package.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go

Anyone in the community got any suggestions how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mick_E,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to watch Virgin TV Go on Safari due to the Silverlight plugin being incompatible. 

Are you able to try a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox? 

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

Thanks for your response. I only have one laptop. (MacBook Air) and I use Safari as the browser. I used to watch Sky Go with no problems prior to switching to Virgin. I also have iPhone 8 that I used to watch Sky Go on and this also uses Safari. I am not that technically competent and don't want to install Chrome as this might cause issues with other Apps on my devices. I understand(now I have signed to Virgin and started researching) that this is a long standing issue with Virgin Go and "they hope to find a solution". Do you know if this is still being worked on?

regards

Mick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mick,

I've been advised that this is still ongoing and that there is no ETA at the moment. In the meantime, please try the other browsers to watch TV Go.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

As this has been an issue since 2018 I don't have any faith that Virgin will resolve it at all! That's one benefit of the "OOMPH" bundle that we can't access as we are a totally Apple house. That coupled with the atrocious Wi Fi performance and slow broadband (up to 500 mb supposedly) that has made the first few days of Virgin a very unsatisfactory experience. Looks like I have to suffer for 12 months before switching again.

regards

Mick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you feel this way Mick, can we please confirm if you're experiencing slow speeds through WiFi only or is this also through wired connections? 

So we can investigate this for you could you please run a speed test over a wired device and a wireless device, posting them both in your next response and ensuring no personal details are showing? This way we can help diagnose this issue and find a resolution for you.

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

Thanks for your help in this. I do not use any wired devices (as I guess most non gamers don't!). I ran a speed test at 08:50 this morning on my MacBook sitting 6 feet from the router - I have attached the results. 0B1FD791-425F-4D01-93AE-AB2998A2130A.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You have a 14 day cooling off period, so cancel it quick.  I wouldn't enter into prolonged discussions that take you beyond that.

Sadly they don't have a 20 year cooling off period.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#cooli...

M. Cooling off rights

1. If you have ordered any of the services online, by telephone or from an agent attending at your home and have entered into a new contract with us you have a statutory right to cancel an order for those services within the cooling off period, which is 14 days from the latest of:

1. the day after the delivery of the equipment;

2. the service start date; and

3. the day on which you received a copy of these terms and conditions in printed or PDF format.

We may choose to offer an enhanced cooling off period from time to time, and will inform you of this at the time of your purchase if this is the case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Last photo got blocked due to IP address visible, lets try again

738D83F0-DD03-41CE-B473-8E2E9FDD58EF_1_201_a.jpeg0B1FD791-425F-4D01-93AE-AB2998A2130A_1_201_a.jpeg

0 Kudos