Menu
arlowood
Up to speed
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go - sign in problems

I have commented on this in another thread but reading a reply from one of the VM team it seems that they do not believe this is a major issue otherwise it would have been elevated to their service team.

During the last 3 days, I have been denied access to the TV Go service on my PC via the app loaded onto Windows 10 and also on my Samsung Tablet via the app downloaded from Google Play.

In both cases my sign in attempts fail with a message suggesting that I am trying to sign in from a sub-account.

I have tried resetting my password to no avail. I have also tried signing in to my main VM account and that has not been a problem.

I have also seen a comment on one thread from a VM customer who has worked in IT for some years. His analysis states that the issue clearly originates with the authentication process within the VM software. No amount of resetting passwords or uninstalling and re-installing apps is going to cure the problem.

I am not going to spend time counting all the people who have raised this issue but I am convinced that the problem is more widespread and warrants a more serious response than I have seen in other threads.

Please - Virgin Media - treat this more seriously and provide a "Sticky" to show that the issue is being addressed and what progress is being made.

The TV Go service is part of the package that we are all paying for and I for one would like it restored as soon as possible

Crockret
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go - sign in problems

Just read in another thread that this seems to only affect those sensible people that don't use a VM email address to log in with.

Does that apply to you arlowood? It applies to me.

See here:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Failing-to-Login-to-Virgin-TV-Go-sub-account/td-p/...

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi arlowood,

Sorry to hear about the Virgin TV GO issues you're having. Can I ask whether you've managed to successfully sign in on any device at all? Was it working on the PC Windows 10 app and on the Samsung Tablet before but has suddenly stopped working at the same time? 

Sorry for the questions but trying to get a clearer idea of your own situation specifically.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Crockret
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm not the OP, but for me, FIrefox and Android app give the same "sub accounts not allowed" error.

Both me and another user notice that perhaps this is only affecting customers that usually log in with a non-VM email address.

0 Kudos
arlowood
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have been unsuccessful on both my PC and my Samsung Tablet. I was having issues a few days ago with the PC app taking time to start playing a selected programme whereas the Samsung was working fine at that point. This was about 4 or 5 days ago. However since Saturday both the PC and Tablet are now giving this weird sub account message when I try to sign in.

I don't think I am unique from the volume of problems being raised in other threads. As I have stated above - I believe that the issue originated at the Virgin Media end of the process and will not be fixed by changing passwords (as I have done without resolving the problem) or uninstalling etc.

arlowood
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have a VM email address and the problem is also showing with me so I don't think the email address is the issue.
optiplex
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. I have tried on the following devices

Samsung note 9

PC desktop on windows 10

Laptop on windows 10

My Macbook pro using both the firefox browser and the Chrome browser

Everything worked fine until Friday, i have not changed anything at my end to create this problem. I can login to my Virginmedia account using the same email address i have had for years which is a @ntlworld account.

I have tried phoning in but the person i spoke to did not have a clue what i was talking about and just told me to reboot my router however as this happens on both my broadband and my phone data why would rebooting the modem help. I gave up in the end trying to make them understand what was happening and put the phone down in despair.

So the Question i have is what has virginmedia done at there end as NOTHING has changed at my end ??????

Please fix this VM as you have changed something not me and i use Virgin TV go a lot

0 Kudos
Frustrated01
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After numerous attempts to try and get through to the Virgin Media phone lines only to be hung up on while waiting, I finally got through.

Spoke to the usual 1st line support that is assigned at the end of these phone lines who will no doubt not have a clue how to solve the issue other than suggesting password resets and hold your breath. In short, that was a waste of time as suspected so I asked to be put through to the 2nd/3rd line of support who handily have been "working from home" for some time.

I've been told that a notification has been left with them along with my number to call me back within 24 hours to get this issue resolved. Do I expect a call back within 24 hours or at all? Of course not, but if it happens and the issue is solved for me, I'll update on these boards as well which are less useful than talking to a brick wall.