Menu
spoonfoot
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go "Sorry - This Isn't Available"

Hi, 

I am currently using the Virgin TV Go App on Windows 10, I normally experience no issues viewing content, however at present I am receiving an error message saying "Sorry We can't Play this at the moment", I have restarted and cleared cache and cookies. Any assistance would be most appreaciated.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go "Sorry - This Isn't Available"

The Windows 10 App from the Microsoft Store has been closed. You should be seeing a message saying that rather than the error you are.

All computer users now have to use the website at www.virginmedia.com/tvgo using a supported browser. For Windows 10 that's Edge, Chrome or Firefox.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I am doing just as you say,  Chrome on windows 10 through the exact link you mention, not the app.

Just the same, not selecting anything............It really is very disappointing.

0 Kudos
ftoomch
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go app for Mac OS, or via Chrome browser it's the same thing...

ftoomch_0-1604688370554.png

0 Kudos
Whales
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Seems like this issue is being ignored by Virgin Media. I suggest contacting emailing their support team to let them know of the issue asap so you start the clock for them to fix this.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Info from /virgin-tv-go-what-devices-can-i-use 

Virgin TV Go is supported on the following systems and browsers:

• Windows 8.1,10 (15063.0 or higher) and macOSX 10.1
  • Google Chrome 69+
  • Mozilla Firefox 67+
  • Microsoft EDGE (Windows only)*
  • Safari 9+(macOS only)**

To use Virgin TV Go in a browser please ensure you’ve got cookies enabled in your browser, that virginmedia.com is listed as a trusted site, your browser is set to allow protected content, and you allow pop ups from the Virgin TV Go website.

*To use Virgin TV Go with Internet Explorer on Windows 7 you'll need to install Microsoft Silverlight.
**To use Virgin TV Go with Safari 11 or earlier you'll need to install Microsoft Silverlight. Virgin TV Go is not currently compatible with Safari 12. To use Virgin TV Go on macOS with Safari 12 installed, you'll need to use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Chrome.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ftoomch
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

ftoomch_0-1605202704183.png

Hope Virgin is getting just as bored with seeing this as I am.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about this - ftoomch, 

Was you able to follow the advise from @newapollo above? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Michali
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I’m seeing this too when I try to watch Sky cinema on my TV Go app on my iPad. Very frustrating. I can watch other programs on the TV Go app, just not Sky Cinema. 

0 Kudos
ftoomch
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm using Chrome browser or the Virgin TV Go app on a Mac, so not sure which of those bits of advice to follow or what to do about them.

In any case, it is an intermittent problem - when I get the "sorry this isn't available" message, it affects all non-BBC channels, and both the app and the browser, and goes on for some hours. Then, it will be fine again for a day or two before all channels become unavailable again.

0 Kudos