Menu
Silenzi
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go on the Internet - Device Management

Hi,

I like using the Virgin TV Go internet service (not the Virgin TV Go app for the mobile phone).

Why does the device management keep registering my device over and over again taking up all 5 slots?!

I am now not able to watch anything as your system thinks my laptop (my only device) is a different device.

0 Kudos
MBSuggy
Joining in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go on the Internet - Device Management

I'm having exactly the same issue. I had 3 devices registered and it insisted that my laptop wasn't registered. Added the device (again) and now have 4 devices registered, with the laptop registered twice. Obviously didn't realise this at the time, so I'm now in the position where I have 5 devices registered, 4 being the same laptop. It's even replaced one of my other devices and I can't make any further changes this month AND my laptop still doesn't work!!

It's obviously an issue with TVGO. This needs fixing and I need my registered devices cleared down so I can register them again and use the service that I pay for!

😠

0 Kudos
liamo37
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here. Tried to watch on my laptop that was already registered but get a message 'maximum of devices registered', tried replacing another device but now can't register new device until October.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Silenzi,

Sorry you're having problems with the device registration for TV Go. I'm unable to find your details to reset them for you so I'll send you a Private Message. Please reply back to it so I can do this.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi MBSuggy,

Sorry you've been having problems too however I've managed to find your details and have reset your device list. Please try re-registering your devices again and note that on browsers, if you open a different tab using TV Go, it counts as an extra device so please try and stick to the same tab.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi liamo37,

I've tried to find your details also so I can reset the device list but I'm unsure whether I have the right details. I'll send you a Private Message so I can grab the correct details to reset the devices. Please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the details via Private Message @Silenzi and I've reset the device list for TV Go for you. Please re-register your device again and do note that opening TV Go on different browsers or tabs may create an "extra device" which will take up a slot so try and keep to the same tab on your browser.

Thanks,

Lisa

Silenzi
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for clearing the regitered devices. However, I need to inform you that I only ever use google chrome and I am confused how to keep to the same tab as I need to close and open google chrome all the time. Would the closing and re-opening of chrome not be considered as opening a new tab??

martymart
Dialled in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to a windows 10 app store update i now have too many devices registered which means I cannot watch on my PC even though it is in the device list twice. it is about time this problem was sorted out.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for any confusion Silenzi. 

If you continue to use Google Chrome it should be fine, however if you clear the cache and cookies on your browser this can reset the devices as when you open the browser again it thinks it's a new device. 

Let us know if you have any further issues with this. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos