Menu
Clagmeister
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go not working

is anyone else having a problem with the Virgin TV go app? I cannot get it to open on any of my devices. I just get an Oops not available now message. Is there an outage?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go not working

Hi there @Clagmeister

Sorry to understand that you were having some issues last week - I have been unable to locate any known issues with the TVGo over the weekend; how's things looking since your post? 

When does the error appear - is this before or after you log in? Is it when you select a show or channel to watch? 

What devices are you currently using? Was it just the app or was the same thing happening on the TVGo website too? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Clagmeister
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying . It is affecting both my Samsung devices.  When I try to access the app it says Opps something went wrong and won't let me log in. Anyway I have now found a workaround by pressing  skip sign in. This seems to work.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Clagmeister, we are sorry to hear that you are having this issue with the TV Go app. I am glad to hear that you have been able to log in and hope that you have no further issues with this. We have feed this back and hopefully the issue will be resolved soon ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Clagmeister
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. It seems to be working  now.

0 Kudos
ronsparra
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am also having problems with TV GO, when I try to get onto it I get the message "sorry this program is not available in this region". I have tried different ways to try and get into it but I have had no luck, it has only been like this recently as I have changed my laptop and did not have any problems at first, probably I may have made the problem worse by trying to remedy the problem. If anyone can help me to overcome this problem i will be one happy person.                      Thank you all.               

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi ronsparra

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

This seems odd, have you got your location settings on or a VPN activated when trying to use it?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ronsparra
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, I will have to start from scratch and go through all the computer settings as I have had my laptop replaced after an accident with previous one and I may have missed something silly. Thanks for the reply, ronsparra

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me ronsparra

Do check things and let me know how you get on or if you need further help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ronsparra
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have checked the region setting in the clock/date page and it is set to English Dublin Edinburgh, London so unless there is somewhere else that it should be changed it appears to be correct, with the VPN it is on to allow VPN over metered  networks and it is on to allow VPN while roaming, I have tried turning them off and turning them both on/off in turn and it does not alter them at all. It looks like I am going to trey elsewhere. I have also made sure that VPN is switched on in my McAfee page.   If anyone can help on this I will be very happy. Thank you ronsparra

0 Kudos