Menu
Frustrated01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go not allowing me to log in.

I noticed this a couple days ago but I just decided to leave it and wait as I assumed that it was just a temporary outage of service which can happen from time to time. I then saw the service status update acknowledging there is a fault which as now disappeared but the problem is still there.

It's now Sunday and I still cannot log into TV Go? I know that my username & password combination is correct as it logs me into the main VM site. 

When attempting to log in to watch TV content that we pay £80+ a month for, we're greeted with either "log in with the main account" or "login failure"...

As a person that works in IT, it's clear that there is an authentication error occurring here within the infrastructure as I can see in the URL the parameter "?success" which indicates that the details provided are recognised.

This isn't something I would expect from a large corporation such as Virgin Media?

Nevertheless, please can this be escalated to 2nd/3rd line support. There's no point asking me to "uninstall/reinstall", "change my password and see" etc. as this will not solve the issue. It's purely an issue on your side, nothing to do with the client.

Thanks.

mistressdao
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go not allowing me to log in.

Having the same issue and searched help to no avail.

0 Kudos
alivickery
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same problem, ongoing since yesterday (first time I've used TV Go for months). It actually logged in and worked once--but only once. Many 10's... 20's... 30 's of attempts to login, most leading to a warning that I should be using the primary account, some telling me the service isn't working right now. I am using my Primary account, so that isn't a valid error.

I have tried a mixture of re-installing the Win10 app, using a web browser (Chrome) and executing the password reset process to set a new password--with no success.

Any idea when this is expected to be fixed: is this a long term issue, as someone seemed to suggest on these forums?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
GrannyJean
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Glad it's not just me - but also mad it's not working in the first place!! Come on Virgin - get it fixed 😑

0 Kudos
Locka
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Me too stopped working friday, currently at my brothers its only way i  can watch tv.  I work in it so again would like to stress its. Vrigin issue not client issue.

HAD NO RESPONSE TO MY POST PLEASE FIX OR REFUND THIS MOTHS CHARGES

Not a password issue gives e a different errore

Not an account error as other accounts aren't vaild. 

Not device issue doesnt work on andriod or Windows 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Staff presence is unlikely at this time on a Sunday evening.  I have fired off a message behind the scenes to try and get this escalated in the morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Locka
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys got this from virgin on my post

Re: tv2go app now telling me im using sub account

13 hours ago

Hi Locka,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with TV Go showing this is a sub account, we are aware of this and we are currently working hard to get this resolved ASAP,

Regards

Paul.
0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

This issue should have been fixed already, but if you are still having issues then please pop me a private message with your details so I can look in to this further.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Frustrated01
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please can we stop with the holding message/replies and actually escalate the issue to the appropriate people who (should) know how to solve this issue?

Seems like a waste of time to privately message like this is an isolated incident with a handful of accounts when this is obviously a wide-scale issue judging by the amount of posts on this board and on social media.

People will message privately only to wait a couple days for another holding response or request for further details which have nothing to do with the root cause.

There's CLEARLY an issue here affecting hundreds (possibly thousands), just contact the relevant team/department and sort it out please.

Melissa_F
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Apologies, the fault is still being investigated by our team due to our customers still having ongoing problems with this.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos