Menu
BobLee251260
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go device registration

Does anybody else have this issue? ....

Every time I try to register my devices to use TV Go it registers the one device five times (maximum amount) and when you try to correct it,  it says you have made your maximum three changes permitted that month.   I have now phoned this issue through numerous times and to date where things have supposedly been "reset" the issue remains. 

If I try to call Virgin now their 2nd line appear to hang up on answering or leave me on hold indefinitely.   While typing this I am on my 3rd attempt this morning in calling them, racking up about three hours of on-hold tinny music.  Appalling service.

0 Kudos
ModTeam
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go device registration

Hello BobLee251260, 

Welcome to our community it's great to have you on board 😀

I'm very sorry to hear about this problem you're experiencing on our TV Go app.

What is the make and model of device that is showing as being registered multiple times?

Please can you also confirm which browser and version you are using?

Thanks,

Community Moderation Team

0 Kudos
BobLee251260
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the device that is causing the problem is a Lenovo Yoga laptop using Windows 10, with Chrome as the default browser.  On the same home LAN, I have a Lenovo AIO PC, also using Windows 10, and Chrome as the default browser, and I have no problems with that.  Earlier this week the support team managed to delete the five Registered Devices, and when I added them one at a time, I could succesfully use [up to two concurrent devices] the home PC, an Android tablet, and an Android phone.  If we tried adding the Laptop it kept telling us the maximum number of devices had been reached, and its registration over-wrote the existing registered devices.  As it stands, I have five registered devices all indicating 'My Computer - Google Chrome', one of which is the PC, the other four are the same laptop.  TV Go on the PC works fine, on the laptop it does not, saying maximum devices registered and won't permit any changes until 01-01-2021.   While talking to your last support engineer, we had an idea, and that was for me to try using TV Go with a different brower from the laptop.  We tried with Edge, but it won't allow the device to register.  I suggested all registered devices be wiped and we start again, but the support engineer was unable to de-register the five devices.  If you are able to de-register the five devices, and let me know, I can try again, starting with the laptop via Edge.  

Many thanks, Bob

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi BobLee251260,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your TV GO App looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can reset your devices for you, which will allow you to re-register your devices that you want to use, removing the duplicate devices.

Please let me know if you want me to do this.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
BobLee251260
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, 

yes please, please de-register all devices, and I will try registering the laptop first, and see what happens. 

Thankyou,

Regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @BobLee251260 

Thank you for coming back to us, I have been able to re-set the devices for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
BobLee251260
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, problem unresolved.  Thanks for de-registering the devices.  With zero devices registered i tried using TV Go from Chrome on the Windows 10 laptop.  It registered the device as My Computer - Google Chrome, but when I tried to view something on Live TV it said Maximum concurrent devices reached (or words to that effect), so I turned the laptop off and back on again in an effort to ensure I was definitely disconnected.  I then tried again but this time using Edge instead of Chrome.  It requested I register the device, again, and now I had two devices called My Computer - Google Chrome, even though I was using Edge.  However, it worked. I could watch live TV.  While this was running I then registered my main Windowsc10 PC as a device, and that also came up listed as My Computer- Google Chrome  but when I tried to view Live TV it said maximum concurrent devices reached.  This is wrong, I should be able view on two devices simultaneously.   I disconnected the laptop and tried again on the PC and it requested I re-register again.  I did this to be told my limit of five had been reached and prompted me to select which registered device to replace.  I selected one of the My Computer - Google Chrome devices listed and it then said maximum permissible  changes in the month made and I should try again on 01-01-2021.  This is not good.  Please can you resolve this issue as I'm paying for a service I have not been able to use for over four months and I'm beyond losing patience.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying and the update, BobLee251260.

I'll get the device limit reset again for you. If it does this again are you able to have a look at the device list to see what's showing when you first register? there are a few things that can also impact device registration, such as an AV or other browser add-ons with a high setting, Incognito modes, anything constantly clearing your cache, firewalls or VPNs

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
BobLee251260
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey, thanks for getting back to me.

Happy New Year!

I've just looked at Device Management (@11:45 on 01-Jan) and it currently lists five devices all called "My Computer - Google Chrome".  These could be either my PC or laptop. But they are only two devices, not five.

Note - I am currently looking at this through a Chrome browser, not an App.

I will now try and look at Live TV.

I selected a BT Sport channel which when loading advised 'Maximum of devices reached, so I will select 'Replace Device'.

The five 'My Computer - Google Chrome' registered devices are now shown, so I will select 'Replace' on the first one.

I am now presented with the Replace device window, where the first device listed is 'My Computer - Google Chrome (Current device)' , the other four show 'My Computer - Google Chrome'.  I will click on the 'Save Changes' button.

I am now presented with the 'Maximum of devices reached' screen again indicating i cannot register any new devices until 01-02-2021 00:00am.

I have no choice but to press OK.

I am getting nowhere and am getting very frustrated.  This issue is now four months old.  It used to work, so why not now?

Regards

Bob

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, just to clarify, you aren't using a VPN or Antivirus?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos