cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go app

chamoisleather
On our wavelength

Hi all

I've been using the Virgin TV Go app on my ipad for years, mostly without a problem. However, in the past few days, I get a "Sorry - this isn't available.  Oops - the service isn't available at the moment.  Try again in a few minutes". I've tried again several times but still get the same message.

Nothing on our package has changed in over a year.  I've turned our box on and off which doesn't sort the problem, should I uninstall the app and re-install?

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18

Hi,

I can log into Virgin Media.

I have tried TV Go on another device and it still doesn’t work.

When I had Virgin installed in Nov I was able to access Netflix no issue, but now the only option seems to be to cancel my Netflix account and open Virgin. Again I am reluctant to do this as TV Go not working.

I hope you can help please?

Debbie

Thanks for confirming Debbie,

Just want to get a few more details from you so I've popped you over a private message 🙂

Alex_Rm

Hi. Could someone please help. When we sign into the Virgin go app with our main account details, we get this error message. 
‘Please sign in with your main user account. Sub-accounts cannot sign in.’

we don’t have any other other accounts or sub accounts. 

thanks, Johanna. 

Hey @Judi84

Thanks for your post on the community, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV GO app and for the late reply to your post.

How are things look at the moment with the app?

Are you using the login that you use to login to My Virgin Media?

Are you able to login to other apps such as My Virgin Media and the TV control app with these details?

Regards

Steven_L

Yes I can log on to my Virgin account it’s just the Virgin media go app that won’t let me log in. It keeps saying about a sub account which I do not have.

4 months on and I still can’t log into my TV to go app- I’ve called 3 times and each time they have asked me to update password but hasn’t worked

3 times they have passed to IT - still not working 

It's not working when logged in as my user on my Telly Tablet. It does work when logged in as a different user on the same device. Maybe try that.

The error message is an android system one that it keeps stopping

And yes I've tried a re-install and clearing all data/cache. Presumably there is something being left behind. But what?

I really don't want to faff about with re-creating my user and installing a whole bunch of other things.

I can't seem to remove the app data. I delete it from the iPad. Go to App Store and search for it. Comes up as Open not Get indicating that it's still installed. 

Any pointers?

Hi Invader75

Thanks for posting. 

When you've deleted the app and search for it again in the app store, does it have a arrow pointing downwards on the app? If so, this means the device has recognised it as an app previously downloaded.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill