Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go app won't load on Android 7.1.1

I am running a Lenovo Yoga Book YB1-X90F with software version 171013 and Android v 7.1.1. The Virgin TV go app was running well until a few weeks ago but now won't run . The app starts up and as soon as the main screen loads the app crashes. I have checked that I haven't exceeded the number of devices. I am not receiving any error messages which would help to diagnose the issue. Other forum users seem to have similar issues but no solutions to date. Can anyone advise me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go app won't load on Android 7.1.1

Hi R_G,

Thank you for your post. Our apologies for the issues you're having with Virgin Tv Go. 

Can you confirm if the app has the latest update?

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

I have uninstalled the app, restarted and re -installed the app from the Play Store. Same issue unfortunately. I am wondering if there is an issue with device registration although I have only 3 devices registered including the Yoga Book. Anything else I can look to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that. 

Is your handset on the latest software version?

How much free memory does your handset have? and what is the handset overall free memory?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Its a Lenovo Yoga Book tablet not a phone handset. I have 1.9Gb of 3.8Gb memory used. Also 35.81Gb of 64.00Gb storage used. The tablet is on latest Android version for the tablet. System update is the latest when I check for updates: YB1-X90F_USR_S1000083_1710130000_WW08_BP_ROW

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Would you be able to try and access the Virgin Media Tv Go through a browser instead of the app? 

A reset of devices may be needed. If this is the case let me know and I can sort that for you. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Martin,

Tried via Chrome on the tablet but same issue - start to load page and then crashes. It is acting as if I have run out of devices I think. So maybe a reset of devices will solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Okay, I will private message you to help with this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We are having the same problem with our Lenovo Yoga Book, the Virgin tv app was working fine then suddenly it has stopped. It opens and then crashes immediately.  If anyone knows of a fix can you help please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BHocknull. Sorry to hear you've also had some trouble with the app on your Lenovo Yoga Book.

Let us try resetting your TV Go devices from our end to see if that resolves the issue. I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom

0 Kudos