forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
dneedha2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go app thinks I’m using a sub account

I have downloaded the Virgin TV Go app on my iPhone and iPad, both tell me I cannot use a sub account to log in and to use my main details. However I am using my main details and I have no sub account, I have only recently got Virgin and my details work signing into my Virgin account online. I have also tried using Virgin TV Go on a laptop with the same error. Funnily enough Sky accept these log in details on their side for me to watch online. The first line support team couldn’t help on the phone with the troubleshooting ideas being resetting the password and refreshing my name in my profile with no success. The next step was passing it the second line support team and raising a complaint for a response in 4-5 days. This has appeared numerous times on this forum by the looks of it but with no posted solution that I can see. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go app thinks I’m using a sub account

Hi there @dneedha2

Welcome to the Virgin Media family and to our Community Forums - thanks so much for your first post. 

Very sorry to understand that you're having some issues logging into the TVGO app and also online; it's certainly an odd issue.

I've had a brief look and can't see any immediate issues with your online account but I;ll pop you a Private Message so we can go through security and then take some additional information from you so we can help you out 🙂 

Please look out for a purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ashcullen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm having the same problem have done since I started not getting this resolved on the phone is this something you would be able to help me with please.

Many thanks

Ashleigh

My Broadband Ping - Ash virgin media
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashcullen, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry you're having some issues with the Virgin TV Go app, this isn't good. 

Are you singing into the app using the same details that you log into your online account with? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
ashcullen
Tuning in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Yes using the same details but it says I can't use a sub account.

Thanks in advance for any help with this 

0 Kudos
dneedha2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashleigh

Without sounding too negative Virgin don't seem to have a solution to this. I've had numerous calls and emails without any success and they go quiet on you after the standard reset password, reinstall the app, checking devices etc.

I'd welcome a solution if you get any further than I did, I'm currently making do without it.

Dave 

ashcullen
Tuning in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, 

The reason I'm trying the forum is for the same reason, the password reset was done but it didn't work, after that it seemed they were out of ideas.

I'm hoping the forum team might be able to resolve this though.

Edit: just realising you are the op I can't actually believe you've had this problem since September and they still haven't resolved it.

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming. Let us take a look from our end to see if we can identify the problem. 

I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details, please get back to me when you can & we'll take it from there.

Tom 

0 Kudos
ashcullen
Tuning in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me. it won't let me reply to you privately it says that I've reached the maximum number of private messages 🤷‍♂️

0 Kudos
dugdale
Tuning in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I had a similar problem earlier this year which took about 3 months and numerous phone calls (over 18 hrs in total) before I managed to get the issue solved - 1st line support will not be able to rectify this problem it would need to be escalated to the tech 2 team.

From what I understand My Virgin Media, TV GO and Virgin Media Connect all store your log in on separate data bases. You will need to get someone from the Tech 2 team to synchronise your account so that all 3 data bases are made aware that you are the primary account holder.

It's pointless talking to the tech 1 team as all they'll do is keep resetting your password which won't fix this issue,