Menu
Gibbo5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go and iOS 14.5 issues

Hello,

Five days ago I updated both my iPhone 11 and IPad Pro to IOS 14.5 and my two Virgin Media 360 (old V6s) have updated to Software version 4.31 today.

Since the IOS 14.5 update I am no longer able to view any recorded programme from either box from either the IPhone or IPad Pro.

I get this message:

BEC715ED-5273-4CC7-BD9E-E3EB5E95A221.jpeg

Everything in the house is on the same network and everything worked fine before IOS 14.5. My IPhone was updated first and I noticed I couldn’t watch recorded programmes on it while my IPad Pro remained on IOS 14.4 playing great with TV Go.

So has anyone else had this issue with IOS 14.5 ??

I have no problem viewing the contents of both boxes through the app or setting recordings through the app. I can also view live programmes through the app but just not recorded ones.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Karl

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gibbo5
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go and iOS 14.5 issues

While the moderator is checking the image it just says:

Only available at home

This recording is only available on your home network. If you are at home, check that you are connected to the same network (which I am) or SSID as your Virgin box.

I am trying to access this in the home not away from the home.

Cheers

0 Kudos
GreengiantVM
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have this a lot, even before 14.5.

Could not watch any recordings last night, then it worked this morning, now tonight I sit down to watch and I have the same message, driving me round the bend!

Gibbo5
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain. Since I had the software update to convert the V6 boxes from using TiVo to VM360 it’s actually not been too bad for me although I know this hasn’t been the case for others from this forum. 

So for the last 3 months I can’t remember not being able to watch a recording on my iPad or phone. Only started after iOS 14.5. My lad has an older iPad (not on iOS 14.5) and I installed the app this afternoon and it worked perfectly. 

Not the end of the world just mildly irritating 😉

0 Kudos
Dan_M
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello, we’re sorry to see you’re still having issues with this. We’re currently investigating the issue. Would you be able to tell us the exact device the issue can be seen on? (model number, i.e. Ipad Air 2020 LTE + software number iOS 14.5)

Has it ever worked? And does it work sometimes?

What is the home WiFi set up? Do you use repeaters, or a mesh set up? Also, could you please confirm you are definitely connected via WiFi and not 4g/5g on your device?

Many thanks,
Dan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Gibbo5
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Dan, thank you for responding.

I can confirm that I can’t remember ever having this issue with watching recordings on my IPad Pro (12.9” 4th Gen) or IPhone 11 Pro Max prior to the installation of IOS 14.5 (they are now both running 14.5.1).

This morning I have tried an iPad Air (3rd Gen) running 14.4.2 and no problems, I can access the recordings with no messages. I have also tried an IPad Air 2 running IOS 14.4.2 and again no problems watching recordings. I have also tried an iPad Pro (12.9” 2nd Gen) running 14.4.2 and again no problems.

I have a Virgin SuperHub 3 in modem mode connected to a 3 node Linksys Velop Model number WHW03v2 running firmware 2.1.16.204145 mesh system for my network.

And yes I can 100% confirm that I am connected to my network because my iPads do not have a sim connection and they are not connected to a personal hotpot just my home network.

Hope this information helps with the investigation. In the meantime I’m going to disconnect my Linksys system and just connect purely to the SuperHub 3 to see if that works. I’ll update this thread later.

Cheers Karl

0 Kudos
Gibbo5
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well I turned off my Linksys system and connected through Wifi to just the Superhub and its the same as stated before. Those devices not on IOS 14.5 will play recordings on the VM360 boxes and those on IOS 14.5 will not.

0 Kudos