forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
stevemartin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go account ID confusion

IMG_1225.PNG

Has anybody actually managed to successfully resolve this logon issue?

I'm seeing lots of threads about it but can't find any with obvious solutions - just angry customers.

I've not changed any of my logon details, I can still log on to my online account but I can't now log on to TV Go on my PCs using either the browser or the App or the App on my iPhone.

I'm guessing that I need to try and resurrect an old NTL email account that I've never needed to use before but how do I do this when my account is already set up with my personal email address?

0 Kudos
stevemartin
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go account ID confusion

If you can't see the picture it reads "please sign-in with your main user account. Sub-accounts can't sign in to this service"

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As I understand it the issue is still being investigated and must be a complex one if they haven't been able to track it down yet.

The correct username details to use for TV Go should be the primary username for the account.  This will be the username that is used to sign into the main My Virgin Media account where account billing information can be seen.

The primary username that VM hold on their systems can be checked via the steps on this help page: 

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I am posting this for information purposes, not necessarily as a solution, but it may help with providing the fault evidence that VM are collecting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stevemartin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've now confirmed what my old NTL email (never used or had to use before) was that I needed to log on to my 'primary' account with.

It's let me log on to my account with this email address and then it allowed me to update the password for this old user ID.

Even after waiting for and seeing the confirmation email for this password change (which ironically still came to my personal email address that I would normally use to log on to my account and Virgin TV Go with) there's still no joy being able to log on to Virgin TV Go using this old email address and my updated password for it.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Some customers have come here, had a ticket raised, and had their problem fixed. Why are you choosing to fix it for some customers yet insisting on asking redundant questions to others?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, that will be useful information for the support team to work with.

Could you confirm which username you have been using to access your online VM bills via My Virgin Media?  Don't post the actual username just state if it was the third party one or the Ntlworld one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stevemartin
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To the best of my knowledge I've only ever used my own personal email address - not an NTL, Virgin or any of it's predecessor email account - to log in to my billing account and everything else Virgin media related.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevemartin

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the TV Go issues. I'll PM you now to get some details and if we can't fix it here, I'll pass the details to the team who're investigating the issue

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos