cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - Saved Recordings

dazzey1983
Tuning in
  • Hi I want to be able to use the Virgin TV Go app to watch my recordings either when at home on my iPad or away from home. When I am at home I see the message that I need to be on the same network which I am and to also have the local network turned on in settings which it is and the saved recordings do not play. And seeing as it’s called Virgin TV Go it should allow you to watch recordings offline or away from home but this isn’t possible. Is there a way this can be fixed. Also I am unable to download my recordings for offline viewing. Is this not possible.

I also have a black spot issue. We have a black spot in our kitchen and in our bedroom even though it is a small property the hub 3 doesn’t reach very far. Do you supply free pods for customers with black spots. Wifi should be available in the whole property but it isn’t. I would understand if it was a big property but it is only a one bedroom house. If you could supply free pod or pods that would be great. Thank you. 
Darren 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've raised 3 points in here, so I'll answer them separately...

1: Can't view recordings at home - this has come up a few times recently but I think from the sounds of your tests so far, you've ruled out what I would suggest. I hope my fellow VIP @Ernie_C  won't mind being pinged here, they're quite familiar with this issue and have raised it.

2: Viewing recordings away from home is not something possible on the TV-Go/360 platform. Downloading for offline viewing is support on the TiVo/V6/TV Control platform, but not 360/TV-Go. You can view OnDemand programmes & live streams away from home.

3: WiFi problems - I'm going to recommend you start a new post under WiFi forum here where you're likely to get better help. Other users (and staff) who have expertise in this area, won't necessarily pick up this post in the TV section.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your response I will await to hear from Ernie.

I will also post my wifi issues query in the requested section.

Kind Regards

Darren

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dazzey1983 

Two further checks to try.

1. Do I run an antivirus product with VPN enabled on the device running theVirgin TV Go app?

VPN must be OFF.

Here is the display from my Norton on my iPad:

80A8E988-F0C7-4253-A77C-8F7D405CF0BA.jpeg

2. Am I suffering from the CPE IP Unknown problem?

On the Virgin TV Go app, navigate to the Diagnostics page in Settings and check you have a valid local IP address in the CPE IP field. If it says Unknown in this field, you have this problem. It is intermittent and trying the usual app approaches may work - close the app and restart, for example.

Here is my Diagnostics page on iPad, currently displaying a valid IP address:

64EDB486-82EA-4D5C-A3A5-4D5FA2E33964.jpeg

In addition to what @japitts has said, while you can’t download recordings from TV 360, you can download some programs from On Demand for offline viewing.

Navigate to the Box Sets & Movies section of the Virgin TV Go app:

B4FE5A81-977D-4E5A-B721-A59D059043D5.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Downloading an episode of The Rookie to my iPad:

D6DCFE8D-A768-4126-AE23-1A8D4733A27A.jpeg

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ready to watch offline:

61739702-0171-423E-9D86-F390D13DE627.jpeg

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

While you have 30 days to start watching, once started you have to complete watching within two days:

751EED15-D00B-4A57-A6C1-7AA6D2353D8A.jpeg

Thanks Ernie for all your kind advice