cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go - Maximum Devices Reached

GDR23
Joining in

Hello All

We seem to be having some issues with the Virgin TV Go service.
We have registered a Windows 10 PC & a Windows 10 Laptop as our 2 devices.

Accessing SkySports channels is fine, but when trying to view anything on Virgin TV Go we are informed that this is a new device and cannot be registered as we already have 2 active devices.

We are using the exact same machines as when both were originally registered.
This happened on Saturday on the PC, so we used our allotted change to re-register the PC, which worked for that day, but when trying on Monday the same message appeared: “CAN'T REGISTER THIS DEVICE
You have reached the maximum number of devices you can stream with. You can use one of the already registered devices or register a new”

We have cleared the browser settings etc, but this has had no effect.
We are logging in successfully via Microsoft Edge, which we originally registered the devices with.

After checking through the forums, someone advised that using the Windows 10 app would be a better option, which we have now installed.

We are now having some problems contacting Virgin however (Online Chat seems offline at the moment and we are struggling to get through to speak to someone).

The issue is we are not sure why this keeps refusing to use the devices we have already registered.
Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Many Thanks

281 REPLIES 281

Hi Smiffy1968,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with the Tv Go service. 

We do wish to assist with this. What I will do is private message you so we can look to into this. 

^Martin

It was only 2 weeks ago that, a guy called Martin, reset my Virgin TV Go devices. Today, the 6th of February, I have 3 My Computer - Mozilla Firefox that are registered on my Windows 10 Dell computer. Except none of them work. 1 is left over from January and stopped working. The other 2, I registered in February and they have stopped working. This means I only have 1 device left to register. Why is this happening? Why doesn't Virgin Media fix this problem? Is it a browser problem? Never had any problems with the old Virgin TV Go app, that I downloaded onto my computer and onto my daughters iPad. My family and I were very happy with Virgin Media but I am beginning to change my mind. I am the only person who watches Virgin Media on the computer, mostly the football channels. Sometimes I watch the football channels on 1 of the 2 boxes that we have. Please help. I would probably never have come on this site, if not for this problem. Kindness regards, Paul.

jimandkelly
Joining in

Hi. My son uses his laptop to watch the app, but we keep having problems as device max is reached - the app seems to generate a new/different device id every time he uses it.

stelios
Joining in

Hello,

I am having the same problem. 4 weeks ago the devices were reset by Virgin stuff only to have the same problem again with just one concurrent device (PC) using the service.

Can someone help?

Best,

Stelios

could someone please clear my registered devices as I am having the same issue. please pm me thank you

Hi Steven L,

I have the same problem and spoke to a lady at technical help last Friday 7th February 2021 who, to be honest, had never heard of this problem. She put me on hold while she called around and came back to me having cleared all the devices on the VTVG app.

Unfortunately the app then asked me to register the same computer 5 times until the devices were full again and now is telling me to wait until the end of the month begore I can register another one.

I know that this happens every time I clear my cache and cookies etc. even though I keep the cookies relating to Virgin in my protected cookies list - something to do with resetting the App so it thinks that it is a different browser.

I'd appreciate it if someone could clear the registered devices on the App (all the same personal computer!) and let me know if there is a way to fix this problem once and for all??

Cheers & many thanks - N

This lady did give me a Virgin Ticket no: P010400364 but to date no one has been back to me

Hello Smiffy1968

Thanks for taking the time to contact us in regards to the device allowance for the Virgin TV Go service. We appreciate you making us aware of this and welcome back to the community.

We've recently made some changes to the process around device allowance and management, we have today reset the device allowance and would appreciate it if you could monitor this going forward and let us know if the issue is still happening?

Thanks

Rob

Hello jimandkelly

As per the previous response, we have also reset your device allowance following the recent changes made to the device allowance and registration process.

If you could monitor this going forward and let us know if this has resolved the issues experienced.

Thanks

Rob

Hello All,

We have also reset the device allowance for stelios, david888 and spanner_Gee. Again, if you could monitor this going forward and let us know if this has resolved the issues experienced.

Thanks

Rob

Hi, please can you reset my devices. I have two laptops and one iPhone using the app and on one of my laptops I need to keep signing in to use and then says I can't as I've registered 5 devices. I'm pretty certain everytime I'm logging in its then registering the device everytime. Very frustrating, please help!