Menu
NeilJC90
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go Max Devices Reached

I've reached the max devices on TV Go - the help desk have been told to tell people "It is a known issue and the technical team are working on it".  However, I asked to be put through to level two support who immediately cleared all my devices back to 0 and I logged on again.  They advised me to use the TV Go App, not the browser and I shouldn't see the issue again.

I had been suing the TV Go App but recently got the message that it is "no longer compatible with my set top box" and please use the browser.  This appears to be a long term (known) problem and, although the app is still available, I can't use it as it's no longer compatible with my set top box.

I will just have to live with this and every time I reach the maximum, 1) ring up technical support (may take a while), 2) ask for level two support and then 3) get them to clear the devices which they will do immediately.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go Max Devices Reached

Hello NeilJC90

Sorry to hear this has happened

It is best to keep the usage to any mobile device 

As every browser login gets registered as a new device 

What Set Top Box do you have. 

Look forward to your response 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
NeilJC90
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response.

I have only watched TV Go on a mobile device once a couple of years ago and I won't bother again as, for me, it was far too small.

I now only watch TV Go on my laptop and I use the same device every time.  I have a Tivo set top box.

Why does it treat every login as a new device as it does recognises the device itself and logs it as the same device 5 times?  I also use the same internet browser (Mozilla Firefox) every time so I can't understand why it duplicates the device registration.

Neil

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I just ask if you use any incognito mode or anything along them lines? 

Is it possible you could try this on a different web browser if possible? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos