Menu
arlowood
Up to speed
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go - Log-In sub-account gremlin

Is there anybody out there??????

I have posted before on this topic and have had no response from anyone at VM apart from a perfunctory question about which devices the problem was affecting.

From the tens of posts on this single issue I fail to understand why this has not been raised as a major service issue.

The majority of responses from Virgin Media to other threads appear to be no more than knee-jerk support script answers - Uninstall and re-install apps, change passwords etc.

In all those cases where this has been suggested the problem has not been resolved.

Thereafter, occasionally the VM members agrees to look into an individual case and sends a PM for more details.

I have seen one post where the problem appears to have been resolved for that customer.

My question is - If advice has been given to one customer that has resolved a problem WHY (apologies for the shout) has that advice not been rolled out in a general post. Surely it is not beyond the wit of VM support to recognise that this is a widespread problem that needs to be addressed. WE are paying good money for a service that has been denied for at least a week with no evidence that it is being worked on to offer a solution.

For the benefit of any VM support team members.  - I cannot log in to TV go:-

1 via my PC with the app loaded into Windows 10

2 via a web browser (Chrome) after logging into MyVirginMedia account with my primary account password

3 via the TV Go app on a Samsung Tablet

Please can someone try to solve this issue once and for all

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go - Log-In sub-account gremlin

Hi arlowood

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the TV Go issues.

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app?

If so, what error messages are you getting?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
arlowood
Up to speed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Although I suspected it would be a futile exercise I did uninstall and re-install the app on my Samsung Tablet.

My preconceptions were proved correct - the process did absolutely nothing. I am still getting the error message

"Oops  That hasn't worked

Please sign-in with your main user account. Sub-accounts can't sign in to this service"

I refuse to do anything with the app on my PC since I know the problem will persist there.

I know that I am using the correct username and password because I can log in to my account in My Virgin Media and view my bills and emails etc. I even tried accessing the TV Go service via My Virgin Media and although I was signed in, the TV Go service still asked me to provide a username and password. I provided those as normal and got the same error message listed above.

So in my view the problem has nothing to do with the platform being used - whether it be an android app or via a web browser. There has clearly been some form of corruption of the username/password authentication process within the VM system so that the TV Go service is not recognising a primary account as such but recording it as a sub-account.

I believe that no amount of fiddling by the customers (I am one of many tens of people with this problem) is going to resolve the issue. Someone in the IT support department at VM needs to get a grip of this and sort it once and for all.

I was a victim of the Device Registration problem on TV Go that manifest itself some months ago. That took a couple of weeks to resolve if I remember correctly.

Please don't have us wait 2 weeks for this to be sorted - it's been going on for a week already

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, I'll PM now so I can get some details, this will enable me to log that you're affected by this with the relevant team

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Philtimo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem that has just manifested itself today.

I cannot watch TV on my phone or laptop due to the 'sub account' issue as previously mentioned.

I am the only user, I have never created a sub account.

Please help ASAP

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Philtimo

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the TV Go issue. Can I confirm, have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it? Also, the log in details that you are using, can you log in to the My Virgin Media online account?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Philtimo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes to both.

Reinstalling the app made no difference and I can access my details on My Virgin Media

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Philtimo,

I'll PM you now to get some details

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM arlowood,

Just to update the thread, it's been sent to the relevant team for them to investigate further and hopefully fix asap.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
bktyee
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

On the subject of TV Go only accepting the primary account, why? This mean I need to provide the primary account and password to any of my family who needs to use TV Go. That account also pays the bill and have all kind of "sensitive" information but I am forced to share the password with anyone in the family (including young kids) who access TV Go!.
i used to have Sky and at least Sky Go allow the devices to log on with sub-accounts (and I could also deactivate devices on the website). Why can't Virgin do the same?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos