Menu
SmilieHeaton
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go Device Limit Reached

It seems that what I'm going to be moaning about is a regular occurance on here, but I cannot use the TV Go app even though my device is registered (3 times) and is now at full device capacity.

Restored from a backup on my new laptop and suddenly Virgin TV Go app doesn't recognise the device (even though it's registered) and asks to register a new device. I register it again and the same pop up appears. I accept another 2 times thinking its was just not working, and suddenly all my device slots are filled.. 

I go on to 'Manage Devices' and manage to delete some devices but when you go back on to the device list page, the devices are still there and I'm not allowed to remove them now until January. I've tried reinstalling the app, use different browsers, and nothing has worked. Is someone at Virgin just able to reset all my devices and start from scratch, because this is ridiculous?

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go Device Limit Reached

Hello SmilieHeaton

Sorry to hear this keeps happening 

Every time you log in via a browser, this gets classed as a new device 

Browsers get update and the details you entered are wiped off

You can try incognito mode on a browser or use this on a tablet or mobile device

I can reset all the devices for you if you wish. 

I would need to pass security first though 

Let me know if that is something you wish to do 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
SmilieHeaton
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Yes that would be useful for you to reset the devices. Tried to replace a device earlier and it would not work, and asked me to try again next month. So i think resetting the devices is the best option.

What security questions need to be answered?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SmilieHeaton,

I've popped you over private message so I can reset the devices for you 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
seve6565
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have the same issues waited a month to register device again and failed to recognise after  all spaces filled and only 1 device working very frustrating some help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello seve6565

Thanks for taking the time to contact us in regards to the device allowance for the Virgin TV Go service. We appreciate you making us aware of this and welcome back to the community!!

We've recently made some changes to the process around device allowance and management, we have today reset the device allowance and would appreciate it if you could monitor this going forward and let us know if the issue is still happening?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos