Menu
Timbolla66
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go 4115 error

I have tried to use the the Virgin TV go App and stream live TV at home, but I am getting an Error

Sorry - this isn't available.  Sorry - we can't play this at the moment (4115).

I have tried the following
1) Tried on demand from various ranging from FTA to Virgin TV and Sky programs- the same
2) Tried to download the same programs from on demand - comes up unable to download item
3) Signed-out and signed back in again. - No luck
I was going to uninstall the App and re-install it, but it wasn't in the play store.  I do know that a number of the on-demand apps including iPlayer don't work or will not work with my tablet it is a Samsung Tab SM-T310 running Android 4.4.2

All I need is a bit of help with this or a simple yes it won't work.  I have resigned myself to getting a new tablet after having this one for the last 3 1/2 years

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin TV Go 4115 error

Hey Timbolla66,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your TV go app, I have looked into the settings for the app and you will need to be using Android operating system of at least 5.1 to run the application, the app won't be showing in the play store as your device isn't capable of running the app. 

I think that will be the same case for the other apps that you have been trying that you mentioned above.

Regards

Steven_L  

Biffo1262
Dialled in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't work on ANY of my phone's or tablets now ranging from Android 5.1 to 6 so the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the version of Android.  It used to work fine on all of them until recently.  Utter waste of time and effort.  This problem, reduced speed and constant outages along with regular break up (pixelation) on TV it's a real PITA so we pay for the device but have to watch Freeview instead.  They say, and have for many months now, there is a technical problem in the M44 area which is complex and may take time to resolve.  Take time is a massive understatement, meanwhile the only thig that works as it should is the phone.  Virginmedia are letting us down badly.  I reckon it's time to look elsewhere for reliable service as Virgin Media certainly aren't providing it.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Biffo1262,

I'm sorry you're experiencing some issues with TVGO.

We're currently investigating this, and I'll need a few more details from you to send over to the team. so I've sent you over a private message for this. (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Morning Biffo1262,

Thank you for providing me with those details via PM.

We are currently investigating the TVGO issue and will let you know when we have an update.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
pedlar
Dialled in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Go

This is a useless and very intermittent service only works very rarely, allowed five devices and at present does not work on any. Virgin media going downhill fast.

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Pedlar and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the free app.

Can we please confirm if you've tried to access the device management page on a web browser login? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
pedlar
Dialled in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Tried everything apart from ringing the pope{ easier to contact than vm} Biffo is right, customers are frustrated and angry vm is going downhill fast and covid is not an excuse. VM is letting customers down and doing nothing to help'

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@pedlar wrote:

Tried everything apart from ringing the pope{ easier to contact than vm} Biffo is right, customers are frustrated and angry vm is going downhill fast and covid is not an excuse. VM is letting customers down and doing nothing to help'

If the Pope could get the Vatican IT department, there must be one surely, to work with the VM TVGO app developers, then they may be able to come up with a better system.

Meanwhile we are stuck with an app that treats devices as new every time the browser cookie identifying it is deleted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pedlar
Dialled in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I find it unbelievable nobody complaining about Tv go and its no service.com. Why no information , fixes from  VM or admit its a useless app. VM need to consider using mouthwash.

0 Kudos