Menu
knypoman
Just joined
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV GO app not playing new Sky Cinema Movies

Have the Ultimate Ohmmppp package which I thought gave you everything????

Have been using the TV GO app for the last three months watching all the new release movies on Sky Cinema but over the last week I have notice that new movies showing on Sky Cinema do not show in the 'New Release' listings on the TV GO app on both my iPhone and iPad (both apps are up to date).

However when you search for these titles (example: Dolittle or EMMA) the TV GO app finds them but the states 'This Program can only be played on your Virgin TV Box'....

What's happened:

Are Sky restricting Virgins platforms for broadcasting new movies?
Has Virgin changed a policy regarding how you can access new Movies?

Feel robbed... I subscribed to there top package in August 2020 as it offered everything and not being in my home all the time to access new films on Sky Movies was why I took the deal/contract. Now to be told via the App you can only watch these films on your main Virgin Box is a Joke.

Am I missing something? and can I cancel my contract as I am stuck with the problem now until February 2022.

johnwastle
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV GO app not playing new Sky Cinema Movies

It's very annoying.

And this would appear to be deliberate policy - the same problem happens on the Android app.

I've raised this as a complaint to VM. 

0 Kudos
johnwastle
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I managed to get hold of a techie on the phone. 

I was told that new Sky Cinema releases are now restricted to the Virgin TV Box for the first 2-4 weeks of release.

Thereafter, they should be available on tablet and smartphone to stream.

0 Kudos
KD64
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In addition to this, is anybody having issues downloading Sky Cinema movies to watch on their iPad or tablet? This was working ok up to 2 weeks ago but, following a recent update of the App the download button doesn’t appear on any of the movies I click on.

Also it’s noticeable the number of films from Sky Cinema available to view on the App has dramatically decreased. I counted a total of only 54 recently. Even when the qty of films to view and download reduced following the withdrawal of the Sky Cinema App a few months ago, there were still more than this available to watch via Virgin TV Go.

Hoping somebody may be able to help to shed some light on this. I called Virgin a week ago and after holding on for an hour I got through to somebody who didn’t know. They were going to speak to the relevant dept (who had gone home by the time I got through) and come back to me by either phone or email. So far nothing. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thanks for posting. I am genuinely not sure of this answer so have reached out to the team. When I have an answer I'll let you know

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

There is a known issue with us getting the Premiers on the TV Go app at the same time it appears on the boxes.

This is being worked on as we speak.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
johnwastle
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Any idea of timescales to get this problem resolved?

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnwastle,

John isn't currently in the office so what I will do is email over to him asking for an update on this. 

Once I have more information I will be in touch. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
johnwastle
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is John back in the office yet? Or is he working from home so that he could give an update?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnwastle,

Thanks for your post. I have inquired with the team that is working on the issue. The works are on-going to provide a workaround or a manual solution, however there is no ETA as this is still in development.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos