Menu
rob_123
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV GO - Sky Sports - Maximum Users

Sky Sports app kept telling me maximum 2 users had been reached so was not able to watch the football.  My son was watching on his iPad.  Very frustrating then after a long wait and subsequent discussion with helpline to discover that Sky Sports only allows one device to watch. Can I suggest that this is made clearer on the TV Go information section.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV GO - Sky Sports - Maximum Users

Hi rob_123,

Thank you for your post & welcome to the community.

Our apologies for any confusion with the Sky Sports App. Only one device can stream the service at once. 

We do appreciate the frustration with this though and will ensure this feed back to the relevant team. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
morrismike79
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Martin,

this issues continues to cause confusion and frustration and needs to be clarified please. My wife and i work from home and are trying to following the cricket, which we thought we could do in separate offices however the message about 2 users still appears.

Can Virgin sort this please.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mike, I'm unsure whether you're still seeing the two users message when watching Sky Sports via the App. I've reset the device limit for you, are you able to try again?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports is not part of TV Go, which is a Virgin product & has its own restrictions.

The Sky Sports app is a Sky product that they insist Virgin customers use. On this you can only steam to one device at a time no matter how many are registered.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Although just to be clear, the same one concurrent stream restriction does also apply to Sky content in TV Go.

But within TV Go the error message doesn't have the number of streams confusion that is in the Sky Sports app.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos