Menu
CliveB1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Control app

Has anyone managed to get the TV Control app working with the new 360 box? All I get is "No compatible Virgin TV Boxes found" Yet the Virgin go app works ok & recognises the box! Had this box now nearly three weeks & am very frustrated that I can't get this to work!!!!

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Control app

The TV Control app is a TiVo specific app. It's not designed to work with the new box.

For the new box you use the TV Go app for everything. This includes the features that you need the TV Control app for on the TiVo based boxes.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Clive, I've already responded to you on this in the message below...you dont need it anymore! 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/360-box/m-p/4429358/highlight/true#M69880

what is it that you are trying to do? 

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@CliveB1 wrote:

Has anyone managed to get the TV Control app working with the new 360 box? All I get is "No compatible Virgin TV Boxes found" Yet the Virgin go app works ok & recognises the box! Had this box now nearly three weeks & am very frustrated that I can't get this to work!!!!

How does the TV Go app recognise the box?  As far as I am aware TV Go is totally independent of the box, it is just associated with the account.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As far as I understand it, when you have the new boxes then your online account knows that you have them, so when you sign into the app it'll work with them and show the features that aren't usually there for TiVo based boxes.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own