Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Control App

When trying to set up the Virgin TV Control App on my Samsung Tablet it asks for permission to access my telephone calls before proceeding further, I'm not to happy to do that. Can someone advise on that procedure option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Control App

Hi ibbotson, thanks for your post - sorry for the delay getting back to you. 

I wasn't aware that the app needed permission to access calls, unfortunately I don't have an Android device available to try and replicate this - can you please provide an image/screen-cap of the request so we can double-check it with the relevant teams?

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Tom_F,

I've tried using an android phone, and also using my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019) tablet, (with and without a sim card) going into app settings and switching off the phone setting.

The TV Control  app refuses to work without the phone setting being activated.

No big deal to me, I just allow the phone setting access, but it seems a little mad if you don't even have a sim card in the device.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming @newapollo - it does seem unnecessary I'm unsure what that's for, but will try and seek clarification from the relevant teams and provide an update accordingly. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses.  I did finaly except the telephone setting option and it did not seem to cause any problems. So all OK