Menu
Peanuts1
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Control App Error

Since I upgraded my Virgin TV service last Sunday 11/10/20 with a new V6 360 box which was delivered via courier, my Virgin TV Control App is no longer connecting to my TV box. I am registered with My Virgin Media. When I sign into this app, the message 'No Compatible Virgin TV Boxes Found' appears. When I select My Account from this page, a blank screen appears. It looks as though my account hasn't been activated yet? I've checked all the cable connections into the new box carefully and have re-started both my internet hub and V6 TV box, but this hasn't solved the problem. Please can someone advise how I can use the app again, it worked fine with my previous V6 box. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin TV Control App Error

Hi Peanuts1,

The 360 doesn't work with the TV Control app. You need to use the Virgin TV Go app instead. -virgin-tv-go-app 

You can manage your recordings, and stream live TV and on demand content, even Sky Cinema using TV GO

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Peanuts1
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, thank you so much for your message - I have found out the answer at last! I've spent the last few days trying to work out what had gone wrong, not realising that the TV Control app doesn't work with the 360 box anyway! Great relief all round. I've just logged into the TV GO app and have found out how to manage my recordings, etc as before. I just wish Virgin had made it clearer that you can only use the TV GO app and not the TV Control one to make recordings before I pulled the rest of my hair out! Thanks again, I really am very grateful for your help. I'm still getting used to the new technology!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peanuts1,

Thanks for the update, glad to be of help.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Peanuts1
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You too Dave. All the best.

Charlie

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Did you not receive a guide with your 360 box? 

0 Kudos
Peanuts1
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No I didn't receive a guide with my new 360 Box - I've just tried to work things out for myself, including the installation.

Can I obtain a guide from Virgin - which would help with using the new box?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Charlie,

I believe the guide is a small booklet that looks like the picture below.

360.jpg

Dave

0 Kudos
Peanuts1
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the picture Dave.

I'll check the box again tonight but I'm sure I didn't receive this booklet unfortunately. It might have been very helpful with the setting up!

I guess I can find most of the instructions via the Virgin Media website though - I'll just need to explore it a bit.

Thanks again,

Charlie

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again Charlie,

A lot of people are using the Irish website to get info on the new VM box, the operation is almost the same.  https://www.virginmedia.ie/virgintv360support/ 

Dave

0 Kudos