Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Go devices

Virgin Media Go is still restricted in the number of devices that can be registered. There is only my wife and me in our household but we have a variety of phones, tablets and laptops (with a variety of browsers) however the app restricts the number of devices that can be registered. I'd like to be able to register all of our devices and use whichever one is to hand when I want to use Virgin Media Go.

Surely it would be better to limit the number of simultaneous Virgin Media Go users for a given account rather than the number of devices that can be registered.

Even if limits have to be applied, four simultaneous users and ten registered devices would make more sense.

I'd imagine that this is an even bigger issue for families with children.

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Go devices

Maybe, but be careful what you wish for.  Sky have recently restricted the number of simultaneous streams to one for VM customers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you please explain that Graham?

Do you mean that Sky are restricting how many simultaneous users can stream a Sky channel in a VM household?

That seems very peculiar but, in any case, it shouldn't matter to Sky if VM are allowing more devices to be registered for Virgin Media Go if the number of simultaneous users remains the same.

If I've understood you correctly then I'd say that this is just an anti-competitive move by Sky which should be outlawed by Ofcom.

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That is exactly what I mean - Sky only allow one simultaneous stream via VM TV Go or Sky Sports app for VM customers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks