Menu
severnbore
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Go

I have a full tv package and virgin internet.

This tvGo has always had an issue of one form or another.  I can not EVER REMEMBER being able to watch a programme ALL THE WAY THROUGH for as long as I can remember.

I am sick to death of Sorry - this isn't available   Sorry - we can't play this at the moment.

What I usually do then is go to the source channel UKtv, Itv hub, bbc play, Channel 4 via the browser.

But there are programmes I WOULD OCCASIONALLY like to watch that don't have browser players.

So why do I keep having this issue that I can't watch basically ANYTHING via the 'go'

or if I do, it cuts off half way through.  It is not one of those NOT ON THIS PLATFORM ISSUES, regarding copyright - which I find strange as I can go in the other room at watch it on the t.v.

So, even with the restricted cut down GO version of the t.v. package, it is MORE MISS THAN HIT.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Go

Hi sevenbore, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues with the Tv Go service. 

Can you please confirm is you are having this problem when using one particular device and if so which device that is?

Also when viewing, is the WiFi connection to the device(s) strong and stable?

Let me know and I will be happy to assist further. 

Nat
0 Kudos
severnbore
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying.

The registered device is a laptop.  I am using Microsoft edge.  It is NOT POSSIBLE to keep changing ''devices'' or browsers just to check whether this or that isn't stable - else you get locked out, as each ''change'' will count as a registration.

That aside, whilst watching - I'm also using a another computer for my hobbies.

Back to laptop.  Usually the error will come up on all the selected programmes from the cut-down list of the t.v. package. 

I can HOWEVER USE the same browser, to ITV, Channel 4, UKt.v. Channel 5 and of course BBC WITHOUT ISSUE, although I can't watch it on GO - this demonstrates that I have no browser issues, no connectivity issue.  BBC always exits GO to the BBC iplayer.  But the rest are\should be viewed on the GO platform.  Sometimes I simply can't get anything.  Sometimes I can watch constantly refreshing the browser when the error comes up, or absolutely nothing, except the error message.

This is always from home, rather than on THE GO - which is designed to do.  So my internet connection is always constant.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply severnbore

We are aware of issues with TV Go on web browsers 

Right now it is best of you used the actual App to view content 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
severnbore
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been using Anywhere | Go for years, it have never been without issues.

Now you say download the app.  When I migrated from Anywhere to Go, that is exactly what I did.  In fact it is loaded in my programs & features list\Win10.

Version 1.

What it did is to put a icon on the task bar, when clicked OPENS on a BROWSER. 

So, doing as you say, I have been to the Virgin Media - and it is not available?  so I can download and reinstall to see if it is what I already have.

Win10. using Edge.  All my windows updates are fully up to date.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying severnbore

Excuse me if I am confused with your reply

I understood its as 

You have the old App saved a a file and can download it again?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
severnbore
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying.,

Remember I am using a Laptop Win.10 - fully updated I say that because a lot has changed with regard to flash players and all sort of things.

It would not be normal on a laptop to require a App - other than a plugin to the browser.

So I did download this App at the time, whether it is new or old or whatever I really don't know other than it is listed as Version 1 in add and remove programmes, operates from the task bar icon - but just simply brings up the browser.

There at the point of the Browser operates, like any other online t.v. player.  ie  bbc,  Itv, Channel 4 and 5 and UKplayer    So that basically is how I actually get anything to watch, rather than the extras available from my Virgin t.v. package.

Generally ''GO'' is ad hoc sometimes about 20% I can watch a whole programme, 40% lucky to get it to the end and 40% it shows unavailable message across all programmes, but I can still see the programme listings.

Signing in on various browsers, trying different machines from experience has never changed anything and it COUNTS TOWARDS THE MONTHLY CHANGES and eventually you can lock yourself out.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos