Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Go

I cannot access virgin go and am getting the message maximum number of devices reached.  I have checked and my laptop is showing to have registered 4 times and my phone 1.  Unsure how this has happened but frustrated as I cannot amend devices until 1.11.2020.  Any assistance appreciated

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Go

You're not the only the one having this problem. I have been trying to set up the Virgin Tv Go to watch a live footbal match tonight. I got as far as clicking to watch the match only to have a message to say that I had reached the maximum amount of devices registered. Like you it says I cannot amend devices until 1st November. I have been trying to find a way of contacting Virgin Media but keep coming to a dead end.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Gardnerj1 

Thanks for your post. Apologies for the delay in response and to hear you've been having these issues with the TV Go App. You can see more on this here. Have you tried clearing cookies and cache? 

Let me know if you're still having issues. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @titch4ma 

Thanks for your post. Apologies for the delay in response, we have been very busy and trying to get to each community post ASAP. 

You can see more on this log in feature here. Have you been able to clear cookies and cashe? Let me know if you are still needing help and we'll go from there 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie,

To be honest I get confused when it comes to cookies or cache. You asked whether I had tried to delete Cookies and Cache but the link you sent me to suggest that I ensure the cookies are not deleted. So it remains to know whether I do or don't delete the cookies and cache.

The problem with the Virgin TV Go only came up when we wanted to watch the Arsenal match on BT Sport2HD, only to find that somehow there were 5 devices registered. I am confused as to why my own laptop was not recognised as a registered device as the previous time we watched anything via this method was on my lap top. I don't understand how there can be 5 devices registered as this option is only used for football matches so that we can watch it through our tv.

There is only me and my two sons living here and we each have a lap top so that only makes 3 devices that could be registered. There is no indication in the management of registered devices section to say what the devices are.

While replying I did report a while ago by telephone that we had a problem with the reception on three of our sport channels (BT Sport 1HD, BT Sport 2HD and BT Sport ESPN HD). We are still unable to get good reception of these channels. I have tried to find ways of contacting Virgin about this issue but have come up against a brick wall.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated

Christine

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Apologies @titch4ma, the information has changed. You will need to ensure that the cookies are set to save for that App/website. 

I'm sorry that you've had issues with certain channels. Is this via the App or on your TV box? 

Would you like me to reset the devices for you today? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dear Hollie,

Thank you for your response.

I did check in the browser settings and saw lists of cookies saved and virgin tvgo were still saved in there. I know for certain that my laptop is definitely registered but have no idea which of the 5 devices showing relates to my laptop. The title for each device is "My Computer Mozilla Firefox" for all 5 devices. Is there any way that all 5 registered devices in device management could be reset to zero.

Regarding the 3 channels we are having trouble with they were reset the last time I raised the problem but the issue is still causing problems. Yes please if you could reset the channels perhaps this will solve the issue.

Regards

Christine

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No worries Christine, I'll be able to reset the devices for you. 

I'll pop you a private message now to go through security 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ok I will wait to hear from you. When you say private message do you mean through Community Support

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've sent you a private message @titch4ma - if you look on the top right hand corner there is a purple letter icon 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos