Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Go Audio description

Hi,

I cannot seem to turn off audio description. I have found the icon which should control it but the options are either ‘audio description’ or ‘english’ and neither turn it off...

can anyone help please?

thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Go Audio description

Hi Fin1234 

Thanks for your post and for joining our community. Sorry to hear you're having issues with TV Go and the audio description. 

If you try this for me - 

• Select or Tap on the language options icon
  • Choose your subtitles or audio description options. You’ll only see the options for the language options available 

If you click the tab on language options this should then let you switch it off. Let me know if this is the options you have already tried, and we would also recommend a reboot of the App just to be sure everything is working as it should. 

Let me know how you get on with this and if you have any further issues. 

Hollie_B

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response. 

If I select the language options there are two options either ‘Audio Description’ or ‘English’  

If I have either one of these selected I still get the audio description, right now I’m watching channel 5 and it’s still got audio description. I’m using a laptop and not an app so I have closed and reopened the web browser and still doing it.  

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi fin1234,

Sorry to hear you're still having the same issue on the audio description.

As you mentioned, When you select either one of the option which is 'Audio description or English' you still get the audio description.

Just want to check, if this only happening on 1 particular program or all programs?

Can you also check other programs, if you will get the same issue?

Please let us know so we can further check on this.

Kind Regards,

Trisha_G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It happens on channel 5 and also channel 4, E4, More4 etc. 

ITV does not appear to have any audio description options but does not have the same problem anyway. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us, fin1234. We'd like to take a closer look into this so we can find out why you're unable to switch off the audio description on most channels and we can do this via online chat.

Let us know how you get on.

Rule_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

did this problem get sorted as i am new to virgin and am experiencing the same thing on my tablet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to someone on livechat (either that or on the phone) and basically there is no way to turn it off as it’s the agreement that they have with the channel. Hope that helps! 

0 Kudos