Menu
ianhn
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Go Andrpoid app not working

Is it just me or is Virgin go Android app down. I have struggled to get it to work for about 2 months at least.  I fill in the password and uses get asked to click the i am not a robot boxes then it ells me use name or password is wrong. I can sign in with my computer so passwords and user name are ok. Apps are up to date so scratching my head how to resolve. Anyone got any ideas

Thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Go Andrpoid app not working

Hi @ianhn thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues accessing your TV Go app on your Android.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app itself?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
ianhn
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee

Thanks for replying i have managed to get working but had to re set password. My password was saved on my two android devices so not sure what happened

Cheers

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update ianhn, we're pleased to hear the issue has now been resolved.

If you need us again in the future, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us here.

Rob

0 Kudos
ianhn
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply Lee

I have tried removing and re installing the app and re installed. I have phoned technical services 5 days ago and they did not have a clue how to resolve the issue. They said the problem would be resolved remotely but nothing has happened. The app on my new phone does not recognise my sign in details which I use to access the service on computer and tablet so I have the correct login details. If i click to re set password I put in my e mail address and system does not recognise. I then get asked and enter enter DOB and mothers maiden name and it still does not recognise me. I could use my old phone no problem. App must have an issue but Virgin are just acting daft as far as my experience with them.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ianhn,

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry to hear that you're still having difficulty signing into your Virgin Media app.

Can we ask if you have cleared all cookies, caches and history from your phone, this sometimes helps when trying to sign in again.

Please can we ask you to try the above first, if your still having difficulties after performing the above, we will get this raised with our IT team for you. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
ianhn
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi

I have tried deleting cookies etc / removing app and re installing but nothing.

I try to sign in with my user name (e mail)  plus password I use on my computer and tablet with no issues. 

I then get asked to prove I am not a robot and it says user or password not recognised.

I try a password reset and get told my e mail is not recognised and get asked for my DOB and security data (mothers maiden name )  as other option with no joy again.

If i remember from the last time i changed my tablet I should get logged in and get asked if i want to swap devices and just change them over. 

Technical help was a joke at the weekend. Poor lady spent about 10-15 minutes saying very little frantically typing on a computer and eventually when I asked if she needed to escalate to someone else said yes she would and the issue would be resolved remotely within 5 days. Nothing has happened

For whatever reason the app on my new phone is just not recognising my details (Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra) getting used on wifi or and 3 network.

It would be good if I could get sorted over the weekend as I am going on holiday early next week and would use the app if stuck at airport for entertainment

Thanks 

Ian

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ianhn, 

Thank you for your update, I know this must be frustrating especially relying on this for entertainment in the airport, is it just your tablet you are having issues with?

Zoie

0 Kudos
ianhn
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie

It is not my tablet I am having issues getting signed in with it is my phone.

I have changed from a Oneplus 7 pro to a Samsung galaxy s22 ultra recently and nothing i do will let me sign in. I have all my user and password info and don't have an issue with my tablet and computer.

If I remember from the last time I swapped a device I should sign in with the new device and it will tell me to swap one of my existing ones as i have 5 registered and it should be job done.

I have removed app and re installed. Cleared cache etc

Even trying a password reset does not work as app does not recognise e mail, DOB or mothers maiden name.

It is all very strange when as I said computer and tablet work fine

It would be good if you could come up with a solution

Thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information ianhn. 

If the 5 registers have been used, then you would need to wait till next month to be able to register a new device. 

^Martin

0 Kudos