cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing recordings on Virgin Go

AJ63
Joining in

Can I view my recordings on Virgin Go when not connected to home hub?.

31 REPLIES 31

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I believe you would need to be connected to the Tivo to access this unless you have the recordings downloaded to the device. 

Have you tried using the Connect app?

Thanks, Emily.

I have the new 360 box, I can view recordings on Virgin Go when connected to home hub but if I am not home then I can't view recordings.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that for us.

I do believe you'd need to be connected to the property to access the home box but then you can download recordings onto your app.

Thanks, Emily.

Thanks Emily for your help and reply.

skylineboy2002
Tuning in

yes, you need to be on the same network as the tv box, and this was the case for tivo as well as the new 360, its simply a way to see your "entitled" to the channels and package i guess. and of course to stream from the box to the tablet etc.

Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic

My shiny new TV360 box, despite looking the same as the V6 box when I was with VM a couple of years ago, doesn't seem to work with the Virgin Media TV Control App. This same Samsung Galaxy Tab A I'm on now for this post used to work with that App to download most (not all) of my box recordings locally to the tablet memory so I could watch programs while on the train or bus. I live in Scotland and often commute through areas with poor cellular/mobile coverage so the ability to playback shows stored locally in my tablets storage is important.

This used to work a few years ago. While I'm all in favour of Virgin going their own way to develop their own one app to do everything as a replacement for TV Anywhere/TV Go & TV Connect combo, without this important feature, is that really an upgrade?

What can be done to bring back this important feature (as well as the ability to screen out replay episodes in series recordings)?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For TV 360, all the function is in the Virgin TV Go app and it is very well integrated with the TV 360 function.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Flying_Kiwi The new TV360 should work with the TVGo app and as far as I understand it you should be able to download recordings via your home network to watch remotely.

Have you updated the TV Go app to the latest version since getting the TV360 box?

As you have found the TV Connect app only works with the TiVo system used on the V6 boxes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks @Earnie_C & @Graham_A. Although I was  a VM customer a few years ago, after Sky put their prices up (when I was very near to the end of the contract) I took the opportunity to jump ship and return to VM. I've only had the gear (and installed TV Go on my compatible Samsung tablet) since yesterday so everything is new!

Although it looks the same as the old V6 box, this new TV360 box is a very different beast. I take it that you guys are still on V6 boxes because the only way to download programs to my tablet in TV Go was from the set list provided on VMs site through the app and NOT those stored on my TV360 box.

If either of you (or anyone else) can tell me specifically just how to get my box recordings to download (not just stream) onto my tablet, please tell me your secret because I don't see such an option. With Sky, there was a slightly different/better version of their app required to download programs to local tablet storage - the version of TV Go from Google Play Store that I have seems to be the only one though.