Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unsupported Hardware Codec E=46 V=-1

Hi folks,

Not sure if this is the right board for this -

Hope someone can help. There's been a recent update to the Virgin TV Control App that has stopped my tablet being able to stream recorded programs from teh "My Shows" folder.

It was working perfectly until the latest update - The error code is 

Unsupported Hardware Codec E=46 V=-1

I'm using an old - but reliable Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 - Running Android 10.1

All devices are onteh same network (at home)

The app build number is - 4.5.0-1322781

Surely, this can't be unfixable, I can understand adding in support for new codecs but not removing old ones...? 

Thanks in advance for any help...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unsupported Hardware Codec E=46 V=-1

Hi there @MattCee 

Thanks for your post. Apologies for the delay in response, we have been very busy and doing all we can to get to each community post ASAP. 

Sorry to hear you've been having these issues with the TV Control App. Has it still been the same since you messaged us? Have you been able to try to use another device to check you're able to log in? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Hollie_B  Hi, The answer I eventually received (after just under 2 hours on the phone) is that the app is incompatible with Android 10.

I can log in and use the service on my desktop, however, not on my Android 10 device.

10.1 seems to be unaffected (sons phone). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MattCee

I am sorry for how long you had to spend on the phone.  Does this mean your phone is on the most up to date software it supports? 

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, latest version. There isn't going to be a 10.1 upgrade either and there is no roll back option. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt_Cee,

I'm unsure how you've got Android 10 on your device, unless you're running a rooted unofficial firmware which VM won't support.

I'm afraid the Samsusng Galaxy Note Pro 12.2   has been discontinued and doesn't meet the minimum specs for the app, and therefore may no longer be supported. 

The latest firmware version available for your tablet is  5.0.2   samsung/galaxy-note-pro/firmware/#SM-P905  that's the LTE version

and the wifi only version firmware is also 5.0.2 https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-pro/firmware/SM-P900/BTU/#SM-P900

virgin-tv-control-technical-requirements 

Android 5.1 or higher.

If you've previously installed Virgin TV Control on an Android device running Android 4.4 or 5.0, it'll continue to work, but if you remove Virgin TV Control from your device you won't be able to reinstall it.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you MattCee.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos