cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to watch live sport using Sky Sports app

sfoxcroft64
Tuning in

I am unable to watch live sport using the Sky Sports app.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app. Logged in with my VM UK credentials and still get the following message:

Video Unavailable

A problem was encountered, please try again later

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sfoxcroft64, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with watching Sky Sports channels. 

Just to check, are you able to watch the channels live on your set top box or do you get an error with these too?

Can you try the online version rather than the app to see if the same thing happens?

Can you also let me know, are you accessing the Sky Sports app directly or are you going through the TV Go app? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

I can watch live sport from Sky on my tv though the Virgin set top box.

I can login in to Sky Sports on my laptop using the Sky Sports desktop application and watch live events.

I’m unable to watch live sport events using the Sky Sports app directly on my iPhone, or accessing it via the Virgin Go TV app.

I’ve tried using Safari to access the web site from my iPhone, but no success.

regards

Steve

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What else do you have installed on your iPhone? Any anti-virus, VPN or other apps that may intercept the connection?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi Steve, 

Thank you for getting back to us. There is some information on a similar thread you can find here. Another customer had the same issue following an IOS update where they updated their iPhone to IOS 13 and a new feature called Private Relay was installed. This feature blocks your IP address from being read by websites/apps. They disabled the feature in their iphone settings and were able to get the sky sports app working again.

Would you be able to check your settings, and see if this feature is there? If so, try turning it off, then re-load the sky sports app and see if this fixes the issue. Let us know how you get on!

All the best, Molly. 

Molly