Menu
tonymc9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to view sky sports on TV Go

Hi

Despite my phone and my sons phone being in the list of devices on device manager, both of us are unable to watch Sky Sports on the Sky Sports App. The message Device limit reached comes up. The other three devices in our list are ok. For info we are able to watch BT Sports, Sky Cinema etc so it is obviously registered apart from when trying to view Sky Sports.

Regards

Tony

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to view sky sports on TV Go

Hi Tony,

Sky Sports channels are only viewable via the Sky Sports app or desktop player.

You can only stream on one device at a time.

It's possible that you are still logged in on one device and the app thinks you are streaming from that device, therefore leaving the other devices unable to view the channels.

Have you tried deleting the cookies/cache or reinstalling the app?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@tonymc9 wrote:

Hi

Despite my phone and my sons phone being in the list of devices on device manager, both of us are unable to watch Sky Sports on the Sky Sports App. The message Device limit reached comes up. The other three devices in our list are ok. For info we are able to watch BT Sports, Sky Cinema etc so it is obviously registered apart from when trying to view Sky Sports.

Regards

Tony

Check here http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices as the device list for Sky isn't the same as that for TV Go

Try different browsers to go it if you have any problems

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
tonymc9
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben

You've cracked it, I didn’t even realise there was a second device management list for Sky Sports, or if I did I’d forgotten. New devices now added.

Many Thanks

Regards

Tony

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony, 

Thanks for your post and sorry about the confusion between the 2 lists. 

I'm glad that apollo and BenMcr were able to get you back up and running in time to watch the channel. 

If you need any help going forward, the Community is the place to be, pop a post in the boards and if the community are unable to help, we'll be along too. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos