Menu
Andy151
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unable to use TV control app since moving.

Could someone please contact me with regards logging in to the app as since I've moved I've not been able to get onto it and that majority of posts about the same problem end up with VM asking for details via DM. 

I've previously used it at my other house but can't here.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to use TV control app since moving.

Hey Andy151,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the issues with TV Control.

Have you set up a new online account since you've moved? If not, you'll need to do this and then log in using the new details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Andy151
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How and where do you set up a new online account?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Thank you for coming back to us, As you have moved your account number has changed, you can set up a new online account here, once you have set up a new account you will be able to log in using the new details.

The account number sits with the address when you move this does change, I am sorry if this wasn't advised

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Andy151
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've already set up a new online account and had it for about 2 months. I've uninstalled the app, reinstalled it and still wont work. I've used my new account number but still nothing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm Andy151, you have no problems with your new online Virgin Media account and it's your TV Control App you're having problems with?

Can you try clearing the cache on your TV Box by pressing   Home -Thumbs down - Thumbs up - Play - Play - Play . It doesn't delete anything, just clears your cache.

Also please take a look at this link  for our TV Control App Troubleshooting page and let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Andy151
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa, 

I've got no problems with my online account and it's running fine. I pressed the home button etc and then tried the app. Still no joy on it working. I've looked through the link about the app and none of the questions/answers are any good for the problems I'm experiencing with the app. 

It looks like it's one perk of the system that I can't use. I was looking forward to downloading some of my shows to watch on an upcoming flight.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What issues are you having please? Can you give us specifics? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Andy151
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok,

I moved home in June and got a new account number. I logged into my online account and can see emails, bills, overview of my account etc and there's no problems.

I tried to look at the TV control app to check some planned recordings and can't get on it.

Ive deleted the app and reinstalled it. And still no luck in getting onto the app. The photo below is as far as I can get. I've clicked on the My account section and put the info from the V6 box. I've looked at all the app assistance and none are applicable.I've pressed this button, that button and stood on my head and cleared all the cache on the V6 box.

What else do I need to set up, what account is suspended?

Screenshot_20**:**:**:**:**:**.jpg

0 Kudos
Andy151
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

in case the picture isn't there. It says
No valid Virgin TV account.
You have signed in successfully, but no valid TV account can be found. This maybe because your account has not been set up yet, or your account may have ben suspended.
0 Kudos