Menu
stevenwb11
Dialled in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register replacement devices

I have searched the forum for my particular problem, but none seem to exactly fit.

I have 5 devices, 3 of which work, 2 are from old devices that I no longer have.

I have bought a new tablet, I install TV GO, it gives an error message of 146 which is too many devices.,

When I go to SETTINGS on any device inc the new tablet, I do not get the option to replace a device, it is like the tile y/n is missing.

Please, I'm pulling my hair out, away for a few days.no option to replaceno option to replace

0 Kudos
stevenwb11
Dialled in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register replacement devices

Since my last help request I'm pleased that one of my in use devices allowed me to delete unused devices. I still can't add new ones though

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update and great to hear you were able to delete unused devices.

You should be able to simply log in to your account on the new devices which should automatically register, or log in on the web browser page and add them in the manage devices section.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
stevenwb11
Dialled in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sadly no, Emily. I have three devices showing on the account, but I cannot add a fourth.

On my new Lenovo tablet,

1. I can see the three devices but it does not give me the option to delete the existing ones should I want to. 

2. If I try an watch a channel, any channel, it says " Sorry we can't play this at the moment (146)"

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming, when you try access this on your other device is there an option to replace a registered device with this one? 

If not, what error message or code does this show? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
stevenwb11
Dialled in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Emily,

On my existing devices I can see 3 working devices with the option to delete.

On the device I'm trying to add, I see the 3 existing devices, but no option to delete or replace, its just blank in that field. When you try to watch a channel, which should just add to the device list , it says "Sorry - we can't play this at the moment (146)

Thank youLenovo TV Go.jpeg  TV Go desktop.JPG 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Are you logging into the app or the web browser on this device? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
stevenwb11
Dialled in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

Its an Android App from Playstore, the same one that runs quite happily on my Samsung Galaxy S9.

Is it the Lenovo Tablet TB-X606F that is causing it?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

We're unsure of whether the tablet itself would be the reason, if through the app can you try to log into this on the web browser on the tablet? 

Is the tablet running on the most recent software or may this need an update? 

Thank you, Emily.

stevenwb11
Dialled in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, yes it runs fine on the web browser (Google Chrome) which is not my favourite but at least it works. The Device Management shows the device as Google Chrome, I'll have to write that down somewhere!! I'll use the last install on Brave, my favourite browser of choice once I've set all of this tablet up.

It still doesn't allow the deletion or replacement of devices but I won't be doing that for a while.

I went back to try the app again, still doesn't work so there is some sort of bug, the tablet runs on Android 9 where as the phone runs on 10.

Anyway, at least I can watch TV in bed now.

Thank you

Steve

0 Kudos