Menu
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to login to tv go app

Hi there. I am unable to log in to the tv go app on android or iPhone or iPad. I am using my same credentials that I use to log into my virgin media account on the internet. All platforms have latest versions. I joined virgin a month ago, and it’s never worked for me?

it just says “sign in failed, please try again”

on iOS, I’m using my keychain password, so I know that’s correct, I have also typed it in manually and to no avail. I’ve tried changing my password and nothing can get me logged in.

anyone got any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to login to tv go app

Hi there @Fullmoon

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your TVGo at the moment and unable to log in. 

From what you have mentioned, it sounds like you can log into your MyVirginMedia without issue?

Are you using the Primary account to log into the TVGo app? 

Have you tried to log in online rather than via the app? Please try opening the below link on a browser and log in and let us know what happens:

Virgin TVGo

Keep us posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I tried this on my PC  and it brings up a pop up . “Please sign in with your main user account, sub accounts cannot sign in”.

however, I am new to virgin and I have only one account as far as I know? I am using the same email and password I use to access my virgin media account, things like bills and package info etc...

this is puzzling, it looks like something at virgin end is confused?

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I just noticed another thread about my issue.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Virgin-TV-Go-app-thinks-I-m-using-a-sub-account/td...

here it sounds identical to what I’m seeing, and requires someone at virgin to fix it ?

thx.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying,Fullmoon,

From your online account under Profile>Manage Accounts, does it only show the one email address?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes it does. Only 1 account. I never set it up my self, virgin did it for me when I joined a month ago.

Under Manage accounts... today I tried to create another account as it says I can have 9 sub accounts. This option fails every time, with “something has gone wrong, unable to create account”. However if I then attempt to reregister the same email address, it now says that email has been taken and I must choose another. 

it just feels like something on virgins side is broken or out of sync.?

I tried using the remote control app too as another experiment, that won’t let me log in either. The only place I can log into is on the internet via a browser to myvirginmedia main website.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, Fullmoon,

It may be. I'll send you a private message so I can confirm the account and email details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for providing those details and clearing data protection, Fullmoon

I've sent it to our IT [ref# P010333348 ] to get the registration completed, Please allow 3-5 days to complete. Then you should be able to log in by then, but do let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos