Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to deregister device

When attempting to use the Virgin TV Go Android application I was asked to (re)register my device (ONEPLUS A5000) even though I've used this device before. I now have duplicate registrations for this device and am unable to remove either of them.

If I use the "Replace" option from within the application the error "Sorry - we can't register your device at the moment" appears. This happens whether I try to replace the non-current device or the current one. The website does not seem to support the ability to remove a device either,

Attaching an image to this post is also broken, here's a third-party link to an image showing the error:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to deregister device

Is this the correct place for support? There's no contact option in app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi andyxl987,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your first post 🙂

I am sorry the image cannot be approved are you able to post it again without personal details so I can see what error you are getting? 

Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie apologies in the delay responding (turns out disabling notifications for all the spam welcome to Virgin Community, you have earned the 1 day member badge! you have earned the 2 day member badge! also disables post replies *sigh*).

The problem is entirely described in the text portion of the original post. The embedded image (via third-party) also displays in a private browsing window (i.e. while not being logged in) so should be visible.

To summarize, I have 2 x "ONEPLUS A5000" devices registered. They are the same device. I cannot remove the duplicate.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi andyxl987,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Please follow this guide which should help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos