cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect and watch recordings on my ipad

Gertie58
Tuning in

Gertie58_0-1630574906469.png

Am trying to connect to my TiVo box on my iPad to watch a recorded show, but keep getting this message. Don’t know what to do to resolve this issue as not technically minded, can anyone please advise in simple terms?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The clue is in the message "out of home streaming".

TiVo/V6 users (using TV Control) and 360 users (via TV Go) can watch & live-stream channels & programmes whilst on any mobile data connection.

You can also stream recordings from your TV box onto your mobile device, whilst on the same home network as your TV box.

That error suggests that you're trying to do the latter functionality whilst not at home.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Gertie58

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the issues you are experiencing when trying to watch TV recordings on your iPad.

As @japitts suggested, are you trying to stream recordings from your TV box on to your iPad, but while you are away and not connected to your Home Network? Unfortunately you will not be able to stream recordings from your box to your iPad when you are connected to a different network.

Kind regards,

Serena