cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access the recording

Tuning in

I have an iPad Pro and whenever I try and watch anything on the TVGO app, i would say 99% I get this message.

We actually have 3 i-dad pros, same issue.

I have a laptop, same issue.

I’ve seen this question on here before and not sure I’ve ever seen an answer but surely Virgin knows this is an issue in the 18 months I’ve had the contract.

Yes I have deleted the app, reinstalled the app, updated the app, checked I am on the same WiFi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

13 REPLIES 13

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @914850301, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome back to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the recordings on the TV Go App.
I will assist you on this and see how I can get this resolved for you.
I will try to see if resetting the TV Go will allow access.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @914850301, thank you for speaking with us today!

I am glad to hear that after some troubleshooting we were able to resolve the matter and that your TV Go App is now working!
As always - reach out to us if you need anything and we will assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @914850301

Thanks for joining my colleague on PM but currently a PM isn't needed so I've brought it back to the public domain. 

I am sorry about any issues with the recordings. Can you do this for me;

Please can you check the CPE IP address on the app.  If this is unknown, it will result in an error. To check this please do the following: click on your profile icon at the top in the app > Settings > Diagnostics > CPE IP. This is a known issue. However, as a workaround, please do the following; 
click the icon next to the search bar in the top right corner and disconnect from your 360 box and reconnect. 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

It doesn’t seem to matter how many times I connect, disconnect, reconnect, it still shows CPE IP - Unknown 

Any further suggestions please @John_JS 

Sorry to hear this issue is ongoing @914850301.

Are you able to confirm if your ios system is up to date? Also, does the error occur with every recording on the app?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

It was relatively up to date as is the app.

I have updated iOS, it still doesn’t work.

No recordings work on it at all.

Same message every time.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to us. 

I am sorry to hear the workaround has not helped. 

As this is a known issue, we are working to get this resolved but I will link in with my colleague to check if there are any further suggestions available. 

We will update you as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Nat

I checked on my work laptop which runs windows.
This won’t play any recordings either. All other functions work. It only offers to let me watch it on the TV.

Both iPads and laptop can connect to virgin box 1 or 2 no problem.

This makes me think that this must be a network issue?

I renewed my contract with Virgin in October, I started this thread shortly after as I had had numerous problems getting the app to work previously and wanted to get it sorted now I had renewed.

The issue was found to be down to my device being connected to my Deco WiFi extender and not directly to the virgin WiFi.
After connecting to the Virgin WiFi, it worked for a little while.
I am now definitely connected to the Virgin WiFi on both devices but now it is not working.

Considering how long I have had this issue and that you say it is a known issue, I’m really disappointed Virgin haven’t found a fix. 
The issue is really limiting my use of a service that I’m paying for.