cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access "Manage Sky Devices"

RonnieHotdog
Joining in

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. A couple of weeks ago I moved home and there were a few days after I moved where Virgin disconnected my services before reinstating them at my new property. Since the services have been reinstated, I can no longer access the 'Manage my Sky Devices' link in the Device Management section of Virgin TV Go.

When clicking on this link, I get the error:

"Sorry, Virgin TV Go is only available to Virgin TV customers"

Before the move (and services were disconnected), I was able to access this link fine.

I am still able to watch Sky Sports & Virgin TV Go on the devices I had setup prior to the move, however I cannot manage the devices on sky any longer.

The link I have tried is: http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices

If anyone could assist, I would be very grateful. I've tried chatting to support but they are not grasping the fact that Virgin TV Go manage devices works fine, but Sky Manage Devices does not.

Many thanks,

13 REPLIES 13

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RonnieHotdog, 

Welcome and thanks for posting, I hope the house move went well. 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Sky devices.

On checking the system, we have identified some possible causes of this issue, so I will send you over a private message now to confirm some details and we can go from there. 

The message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Hi, I also recently moved house and am having the same issue. How was this resolved please?

Honka1
Joining in

Hi, I also recently moved house and am having the same issue. How was this resolved please?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Honka1 wrote:

Hi @Honka1 

You sign into TVGO and SkySports using your My Virgin Media credentials.

When you moved home you will have been given a new account. If VM performed a "move and transfer" then yuo would have the same My Virgin Media email address and password credentials so the apps should work. If you re-registered for My Virgin Media with a different email address at the the new property  then you would need to use those credentials to access the apps,

You should be able to manage your Sky Devices by logging into 

http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices 

Make sure it's http and not https.

It's best to do this on either Edge or Firefox browsers as there is often an issue if using Chrome.

Any problems either try an incognito window or clear your browsing history

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Cheers but I've tried all that and it still doesn't work. When I click on the link I get an error saying only available to virgin TV customers, no matter what browser i use. Even though I am one and logged in. I've whatssapped the virgin team and they've had to log a ticket with it and they'll get back to me within 5 working days apparently.  

Hi Honka1,

Thanks for getting back to us. We can see that the ticket is raised and assigned to the IT Team on our end. A recent update on the ticket suggests that the issue may now be resolved.

Can you please first try signing into your My Virgin Media account to see if you can sign in without any issues or errors?

Thanks

Beth

I can sign into virgin TV go and virgin media but when I click on manage sky devices instill got the same error message. 

And in the app, when I go to device management, the link to manage sky devices isn't even there. Only on the web browser, but then I get the error message 

Hey Honka1, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can see you spoke to the team about this recently did they manage to get this resolved for you?

Also have you gone over the limit of devices for SKY Go? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?