Menu
chakatee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unable to Sign-in to Virgin TV Go App

Every time I try to sign in to the app, it does not accept my Username and/or Password, and displays an error message "Oops. That Hasn't worked. Please sign-in with your main user account. Sub-accounts can't sign in to this service. As I am the only user, and I am 100% certain of my Username and Password, I can't accept that this is anything but a problem with the app. I have deleted and reinstalled the app without any success signing on. and I have no problem signing onto my account with the same Username and Password.

Spudzy
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to Sign-in to Virgin TV Go App

I have the same problem. Been a customer for about 3 weeks now and unable to use the app.

Also BB speed on gigabit is terrible. Great start VM

chakatee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I know, so why do Virgin Media not try to do something about it. Their app is obviously not compatible with newer phones because it worked OK on my Samsung S7. Don't even try and explain it to the Virgin Media Call Centre. It is a nightmare. They really struggled to understand what I was telling them and eventually hung up on me, even though I was polite throughout the conversation. It's so stressful dealing with them 😩

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi chakatee

Thanks for contacting us regarding the service. 

Have you tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it to see if anything changes? 

Is the handset using the latest software?

^Chris 

0 Kudos
chakatee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, done that Chris. Still doesn't work and there are plenty of other customers complaining about the app.

Regards, 

Brian 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please could you try changing your password using the forgot my password link on the TV go app. I had a similar issue with my personal account on Monday and changing the password enabled me to login and start watching again.

Also are you able to log into the TV go website, click here to go straight to it 

Please could you try the two tips above and let me know if it works or not.

If this doesn't work, please come back to me and we can try some diagnostics to get the app working for you.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
chakatee
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Did not work. 

Changed the password and got:

"Oops that didn't work" 

and

Sign-in not currently possible. 

For both app and website. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that chakatee.

I will need to look into this further from our side to see if there are any issues from here.

I will drop over a private message in a moment, please respond with the requested details and we can get this started.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
shamble95
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This has been happening ALL platforms, including the Windows app. It has nothing to do with the phone app.
0 Kudos