Menu
dubgang
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tv go

I have the full package and tv go has previously worked ok . Now being told to upgrade in order to watch live tv. Have uninstalled and reinstalled to no effect. This appears to have been a common problem. What is the solution.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv go

Good Afternoon dubgang,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm terribly sorry to see you've been experiencing issues with our TV Go application

How have the service been looking since your post on Monday? 

Please update up and we'll seek to see if we can find the resolution for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Mister_TC
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same issue, when it even lets me sign in. Normally, when using the app, I'm just getting an "Oops. That hasn't worked. We can't sign you in right now. Please try again in a few minutes."

I've had more joy signing in on a browser, but then I'm getting the same issue as dubgang - no channels are available in Live TV, no channels are available to add in settings and there's a number to call to upgrade.

I have the Maxit TV package. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I've tried logging out and logging back on on browser. As far as I know, the problem has persisted for at least 3 days when I was able to use the app just fine before that.

0 Kudos
Mister_TC
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just to add, the error message seems to alternate between the one mentioned above and "Sorry - this isn't available. Oops - the service isn't available at the moment. Try again in a few minutes."

Sorry for the double post. Wouldn't let me edit my previous reply for some reason.

0 Kudos
mne2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem - so annoying 😞

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Mister_TC

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum

Can you please advise me what browsers you've been using what operating systems you'v been using to view the content? Have you been able to clear the cache on the browser.

Are the applications and operating software up to date on the devices?

It would also be interesting to know which channels you've been struggling to view.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
dubgang
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. The problem continued until Thursday then mysteriously everything was ok and since has been working without fault !! Thanks.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Pleased to see this is now working again for you dubgang

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Mister_TC
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Can't Sign InCan't Sign InService Not AvailableService Not AvailableMy ChannelsMy ChannelsLive TVLive TVNow on TV/GuideNow on TV/Guide

Hi David,

I've tried everything. On the browser (up to date Chrome on Windows 10) I've cleared the cache, etc.

On the app, it doesn't really let me sign in. On the rare occasion I can get in, I got to Live TV and no channels are listed, just a message saying "If you'd like to watch this programme, please call us on 0800 052 0701 to upgrade your Virgin TV package."

I'm using the app on the most up to date version of Android on a Galaxy S9. As mentioned previously, I've uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared cache, cleared data, etc.

It let me sign-in a few minutes ago. Here are the diagnostics:

Build : 2.3.52 Prod(21301)
Device : samsung SM-G960F
Video Player : 8.0.4
OV : 3.15.15
Conviva : 2.145.1
Connection type : Mobile Connection
MQTT broker : DISCONNECTED
MQTT CPE status : Unknown box
SSDP status : null
Device IP address : Unknown
CPE IP address : null

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Mister_TC,

Any changes to the services today?

I've been trying to find your account to see if there are any area faults that are citing the TV Go accounts, do you mind sharing your postcode with me so I can look into any area issues?

Kindest regards,

David_BN