Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tv go hacked

I have 4 random people using my tv go app. How do I stop them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv go hacked

change your password

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks. I have already done that. I think my question should of been how do I remove them. It says I can’t for 14 days. Some how they have removed my iPad and put there’s on. I was wanting to watch the football at work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you can only make a limited number of chances a month. you wont be able to remove or add anyone know until the next month

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What makes you think these other devices have been added by hackers?

If you regularly clear your browser cache and cookies, or update the firmware on your mobile device, then TV Go will register this as a device change.  The narrative they use to describe each device is often not at all helpful in identifying the device to which they refer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The reason why I say is because it says::

Mafruzes iPad 2

Amazon afftm

Farhanas iPhone 6

Amazon afts downstairs 2 

don’t think it would say that of refreshing my cookies. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just so you know, I also don’t have any Amazon accounts are android so that’s why is my made me come to that conclusion. I had read your other reply’s to other questions about cookies but didn’t think it would give me them names. I appreciate your reply though. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In which case you should follow all the guidance for what to do if your primary email account has been hacked.

Start here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

Changing your password alone is not sufficient.

As for getting the rogue devices removed you will need to rely on the goodwill of the Forum Team, as I believe they can do this in exceptional circumstances.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I just had a quick look at the link, I don’t think I have a Virgin email address so hopefully that will be ok, my email address though a different provider has a different password anyways so that should be fine. Thanks very much for that info it was very useful. I did try ringing up but it’s very busy. I waited 45 mins then give up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I just had a quick look at the link, I don’t think I have a Virgin email address so hopefully that will be ok, my email address though a different provider has a different password anyways so that should be fine. Thanks very much for that info it was very useful. I did try ringing up but it’s very busy. I waited 45 mins then give up."

Ok, so the username and password you use to sign into your My Virgin Media account, and by extension the apps including TV Go, is a third party one.  So whoever has hacked into your account has access to those details.  Therefore that is the one you need to concentrate on securing.

Once you have done that you might like to consider changing your VM log on details to a different account.

0 Kudos