Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tv go app won’t work

I’m overseas and my tv go app won’t work.

im trying to access BT sports 1 and it keeps saying Not available - sorry we can’t play this at the moment ???

I’m paying for this service and I expect to be able to access all services.

When I return to the uk I’m cancelling,

terrible service 🤬

I want a refund for this.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv go app won’t work

TV Go "out of home" streaming is only available in the UK, and the T&Cs do cover this. You also don't pay any extra for the facility, so there's no extra charges to refund I'm afraid. You probably won't want to hear this, but you pay for a TV service to your set-top-box and many extra facilities are simply "bonuses" that are treated as inclusive - the TV Go app is one of these

For reference, the T&Cs are listed at https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/virgin-t... and under Section 3, it's clearly stated...

"Streaming and downloading of content is only available in the UK, due to our agreements with rights holders.

To use the Service via the App, you may need to permit the App to access your location services, to verify you are in the UK."

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv go app won’t work

Hi there, 

I am so sorry to see this has happened and I am so sorry for any confusion regarding your TV Go. 

@japitts is correct and unfortunately TV Go streaming cannot work outside the UK. I'm so sorry and I understand how frustrating this must be. 

Thank you very much for your post, and so sorry again for the inconvenience. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos