Menu
Vsm103
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tv control app ‘out of home’ at home

The app was working on Monday evening (12 Oct) but then last night I got the error message to say it won’t work out of home. I’m at home so don’t understand.

I’ve looked through the other forum boards and tried all the suggestions on there - closed the app, reinstalled, restarted the TiVo box etc., all to no avail.

Have even pushed through the iOS update on my iPad but it still won’t work. Same applies to my iPhone.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv control app ‘out of home’ at home

Just tried mine (IOS 14.0.1 on an iPad) & its working fine.

One problem that has cropped up in the past is phones & tablets with the VM Connect app installed have hooked up to the VM WiFi hotspot on the hub instead of the main network. Would be worth checking.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Vsm103
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. Double checked and both the iPad and phone are def on the main home network.

Always worth a try, thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vsm103 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry your TV Control App is currently not working for you.  Can I ask if you've got an android handset/tablet in the property to check if it does not work on that handset?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Vsm103
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee - thanks for your note. I eventually managed to sort it out: unplugged everything, deleted the app from all devices, ran the updates on said devices, did one other thing recommended in another forum post and then it worked. 

It was a bit of an pfaff tbh and now the box sets on Fox have disappeared from the ‘Virgin TV Go’ app so I need to try and figure that out... Anyway, have at least got access to my recorded programmes, which is great. 

Thanks again for checking in, much appreciated.

0 Kudos
tjb28445
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi would be interested to know what the "one other thing" is, I've got same problem and have tried everything you have and it still won't work!
0 Kudos
Vsm103
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. Must confess I cannot recall what it was! I was desperately searching around the other message boards where the problem was mentioned and spotted something else.
Sorry, that is no use to you. I’ll have another scoot around and see if I can find it and will let you know. It was hugely frustrating at the time and it was glad to have got it sorted, by whatever means.

0 Kudos
Vsm103
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Had a look around and cannot find anything that jogs my memory.

One thing to try, on the TV Remote Control app, go into settings and have a scan through the various options to test broadband etc. if it helps, my app is version 4.5.2. 

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos