Menu
Gemsy
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tv control app on lenovo tab 10

I have a lenovo tab 10 and have been using the virgin tv control app to watch my recordings. Everything worked fine up in until about three months ago and now all I get is the program I want to watch load up but the circle in the middle is constantly spinning and stuttering every second. My tablet is running android version 6.0.1 and my Internet speed is 200mbps.

I've tried reinstalling the app, clearing cache and data, tethering of my phone data rather than broadband, factory reset my tablet, reset my hub, reset my tivo and closed down all apps and reset tablet but nothing seems to work. 

The app seems to work fine on my phone and an old galaxy tab I have but there just seems to be something conflicting between my lenovo and the app, if anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv control app on lenovo tab 10

Hello Gemsy 

Thanks for your post 

This is a strange one to look at 

I know you have said you have tried an old Galaxy Tablet and this works fine 

I'm just thinking that your Lenovo Tablet might connected to the wrong Wifi Channel 

What hub do you have with us?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gemsy
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth thanks for your reply, I have a hub 3.0. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you try this please, Go into the Hub3 settings details on the bottom sticker look for the http://192.168.0.1 and then uses the settings password.   and in smart wifi disable the "channel optimisation". Then, in advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's (just change 'em to xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) with (the same) password you like, save settings and restart Hub. Over wifi you can then select the network that you want each device to connect to individually. iDevices work much better on the 5GHz network. If there is no improvement you can revert back to default with a factory, pinhole reset of the hub ^GT

0 Kudos
Gemsy
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've tried what you suggested but still no luck, it's a mystery 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for checking that for us @Gemsy

It is an odd one as you are using a compatible device and are using the correct Android version - we are currently investigating other possible reasons/issues and once we have any update we'll be back in touch. 

Thanks so much for your patience. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ThomasJ1
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I used the old TV control app with out problem on my Lenovo tab10. Then when I up dated it with the new app a few months ago I started to have the same problems that other users are having. It will not load and time after time says reconnecting but does not. It works fine on my Motorola g7 phone.  I have just got new Lenovo tab E10, andriod version 8, the app does not load on that either. I have tried rebooting my device and hub 3 without any luck. What have Virgin done with this new version?  Please can anyone fix it.

0 Kudos