Menu
Safinn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tv control app not working

The app is intermittently failing to work on one of my v6 boxes. Sometimes it works fine. Other times it keeps telling me I am out of home. Other times it fails to find the box at all. Nothing is being changed between events. 

ive signed in and out of the app. Deleted and reinstalled the app. Checked all the settings on the box itself. Rebooted the box. 

ive seen this issue numerous times without resolution in here. Eventually I give up and try another day and all is ok. Til it’s not. It’s very frustrating as I’d use this a lot more if it only worked. 

any other ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv control app not working

Is your offending V6 using Eco power-saving and is in standby?

You can check using Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Power saving.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Safinn
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have I set to “connected low power”. In the past it was on eco but I changed it months ago when the pis problem struck previously. It has both worked and not worked on this current setting, both when the box itself is being used therefore fully powered up and when sleeping. 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Safinn,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your TV Control App looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration.

Are you having any other issues with your V6? Things like stuttering when watching On demand or Streaming apps?

Do you have a spare mobile you can use the TV control App on to see if it works fine on a different handset?

Also, what handset are you using at the moment?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Safinn
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back on this.

No problems with the v6. Using an iPad. (Tried on an iPhone too in the past). It’s gone back to working right at this moment but I know it’ll happen again based on previous experience 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Saffin,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it is currently back up and running, please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos