cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv control app not working cant sign in error AGAIN

Fishinasombrero
Joining in

Yet again getting a black 'general error/sign in error" screen, with 2 options return to sign in or exit.

Have uninstalled, cleared cache and data, reset password, reset v6 box, reset hub. Nothing

Is the same on ALL mobile devices. 

Come on virgin please fix this problem ASAP. 

For how much you charge for your services, this is poor service. 

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Fishinasombrero, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Please remember you can have some many devices only for this, the limit is 5.

Have you got a new phone / new device recently?

Have you updated to IOS15 / Android 14 etc?

How long has this been happening? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

4 devices - all get the same error, nothing older than 2019 - IT IS NOT MY DEVICES

this was working fine until an app update was recently added from Virgin

I now have a new error message on all devices black screen with :

"you have signed in successfully, but no valid TV account can be found. This may be because your account has not been set yet, or your account may have been suspended"

Yet I can access my virgin account online ok, and I can log in and use the TV GO app fine, but not remote control app. something is broken at your end.

have spent hours on the phone to "tech support" and they are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike and know nothing.

Thanks for coming back to us Fishinasombrero,

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused. Remotely looking from our end we can see that an IT ticket has already been raised on your behalf. Our team are currently investigating this matter for you.

This can take between 7-10 days to resolve. 

You can request an update in this time if needed, just pop back here and we can check for you. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

robbieshanks
Tuning in

Seems a shame that Virgin are unwilling to admit that this is a problem that quite a few people are having and is obviously something at their end rather than something we have done wrong.  Not having access to TV Control means you can no longer view recordings in another room on your phone / tablet - a major downgrade to the package!